CNET Editors' review
VueMinder Calendar Pro provides a set of useful if unexceptional tools to help busy people stay organized. With a simple way to set reminders and tasks, this is a helpful program with a few special features that help it stand out from the crowded field of planning calendar software.
VueMinder's interface feels familiar and simple to operate from the first moment you open it. The layout reminded us of Microsoft Outlook's calendar system, which means all the command buttons were familiar, and we never needed to consult the Help file for instructions. We were able to insert important dates and time-sensitive tasks into a month-view calendar by filling out a few simple fields. In addition, we could set priorities and color-code our events. The program's strongest point was its reminder function. You can easily set a specific date and time for an onscreen pop-up window to remind you of whatever it was you didn't want to forget. You can also customize the reminder with a sound or image. These parts all combine to make a fine if unspectacular calendar system. VueMinder comes into its own with a special feature that will email or text-message a reminder to your cell phone, which is an exciting twist on typical reminder programs. This program's main functions work well, but they weren't anything special. However, we feel its features take it to another level.
VueMinder Calendar Pro has a 30-day trial period. Since it provides adequate calendaring and excellent reminders, we definitely recommend this program.
Are you looking for a powerful, yet simple-to-use, program to help you manage your schedule and remember important dates? Look no further, because VueMinder Pro is the solution. Forget the traditional wall calendar or calendar+email office suites. Those may help you schedule an appointment, but do little to help you keep track of the data that drives your schedule, or visualize how your schedule appears based on event priorities, categories, or locations. For those capabilities, you need software specifically designed with a clear focus on providing the best scheduling solution available. With VueMinder Pro, you can define events, tasks, notes, and contacts - and then easily link those with other data items or files. The data items can be organized into multiple calendars and selectively layered or filtered in a variety of calendar views and lists, as well as an interactive component that seamlessly integrates into the Windows desktop and provides quick access to upcoming events and tasks. If you have a smartphone and would like to access your schedule on the go, VueMinder Pro syncs 2-way and instantly with Google Calendar, which can then sync with your phone. You can also sync with calendars in Outlook and import/export data using a variety of file types, such as iCalendar (ics), Excel, and text files. In addition, calendars can be saved to web pages for viewing in a web browser. Calendar sharing over a local network is also included, complete with permissions and secure storage. You can even share reminders, or define which people should receive a reminder for an event. VueMinder is packed with many other innovative features to help make organizing your schedule easy. Included are many simple touches, like showing details when hovering the cursor over an item, the ability to undo accidental dismissal of reminders, a dynamically updating print preview, and reminders that can be sent via email, SMS, or voice phone to yourself or others.
What's new in this version: Version 10.1.9 has added more formatting options for occurrence numbers.
More Products to Consider
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Keep your personal information in one place.
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create slideshow from your digital photos and videos.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Catalog libraries of your Cds, photos, playlist and video files...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Schedule and automate various events on your computer.
- Allow you to enter daily thoughts, experiences, and plan out th...
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Capture video, audio, and pictures of anything you see on your ...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 12 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Does not sync with Outlook"
Version: VueMinder Pro 10.1.9
Small calendar on desktop
Shows birthday age
Does not sync correctly with Outlook 13, will not update changed or deleted appointments only replaces them in Outlook. I reported this issue on the forum several times(the forum is now missing from the website) and to support but have not received any response. It worked for Outlook 10 and I purchased after receiving an email that stated Vueminder had been updated to now sync with Outlook 13. It will sync, at the beginning, but not if any changes are made. Very disappointing, as I purchased the lifetime support option. I uninstalled and reinstalled Vueminder and deleted and replaced the Outlook calendar but still does not work. Since the forum is now gone there does not seem to be any other options to get help. Not worth the money as it is the same as any other desktop calendar for Windows 8. I am now using the free PTBSync because Vueminder is just another expensive useless piece of software.