CNET Editors' review
Keeping a list of customer contact information is only part of what it takes to stay in touch; you also need tools to make it easy to produce and mail correspondence. TSC Free Address Book is much more than just a database of addresses. This program also lets users create form letters and labels, saving time when you're ready to contact your clients or any other group of people you need to correspond with en masse.
TSC Free Address Book's interface isn't particularly attractive, but it is easy enough to navigate. Users can create personal profiles for each contact that include all the usual information: addresses, phone numbers, and so on. Users can also assign contacts to separate mailing lists, and their status on each list can be marked as active or inactive. When you're ready to send a mass mailing, simply select the mailing list you want to use and print labels and/or the letter you want to send. TSC Free Address Book comes with several sample letters, including a contract transmittal cover letter, a customer apology letter, and an employee birthday letter. Users can easily create their own letters with the program's built-in text editor and save them for future use. A built-in Help file provides thorough instructions for each of the program's features. Overall, we were pretty impressed with TSC Free Address Book; it's easy to use and does a lot of things that other contact managers don't. We think it's a great choice for businesses looking for an easy way to create correspondence for customers, employees, or others.
TSC Free Address Book installs a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls cleanly.
TSC Free Address Book is an easy to use program to keep track of your contacts and print letters labels and lists. The program allows you to create an unlimited number of letters using the built-in letter writer that includes spell checking. With this program you can assign your contacts to one or more lists, such as a Christmas card or Club List. The program can an print letters in multiple languages based on the language of the contact. You can create an unlimited number of lists with TSC Free Address Book. You can print letters or labels to an individual, to all members of a list or to everyone in the database. Using the easy to use query wizard you can filter individual list or databases to print to exactly the individuals you want. You can mark a contact as active or inactive for any mailing list. You can then choose to mail to only active, inactive or both members of a list depending upon your needs. You can use a user defined keyword list to define a list of criteria (i.e. products, interests, customer types, etc.) that can be assigned to individuals. More than one keyword can be assigned to an individual for flexibility. Use the list building utility which allows an entire mailing list to be created quickly. Simply fill in criteria to select a unique group of people (i.e. by keywords, state, birthday) and check the results.
What's new in this version: Version 2.40 added the ability to select starting position for labels and updated some reports with phone numbers.
More Products to Consider
- Record, store, and manage contact information.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Manage your personal contacts and publish your address book to ...
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Display multiple clocks in the application statusbar, toolbars,...
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Manage your personal accounts and track your savings and loans.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
- Organize addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of your...
- Organize rental activities, keep track of rental units and plan...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"won't accept non-US addresses"
Version: TSC Free Address Book 2.10
it's free .....
although it has a box for states and provinces, the list contains no Canadian provinces, so you're unable to save those names
might be okay if you have no foreign addresses
"Great program to manage addresses, contacts and letters"
Version: TSC Free Address Book 2.0.01
Easy to setup letters to send out to different mailing list. Can send a letter or print a label for one person or entire list. Intuitive, gets the job done.
Nothing I didn't like