CNET Editors' review
Start My Day is a desktop application that launches your favorite applications simultaneously. This is a useful tool for people who tend to use many different applications, files, and Web pages at the same time. Being able to open this application and starting all of your programs with one click is useful; however, Start My Day has many bugs that need to be fixed.
The app is supposed to work with an alarm start-up. Under the settings menu, there is an alarm option where you can set the time that Start My Day begins to run. There is also an option to launch Start My Day upon computer start-up. Though the alarm does not work whether the computer is on, the application will launch upon start-up if that option is selected. This does not seem to slow the computer down in any way. Another problem is the curious error message that shows up when Start My Day begins. After the initial message, "publisher cannot be verified," which you can choose not to see again, another message reads: "unhandled exception has occurred in your application." To disregard this message you must click "continue."
Once the program is open, you can start selecting which applications, Web sites, and music you would like to start your day with. To open all of these at once, select "Run all." At first, a message will pop up stating, "cannot start processes," even though they all start shortly after.
Start My Day would be a very practical application if it did not have multiple glitches. Nonetheless, it is still useful when you want to open your favorite stuff all at once without the hassle of searching through your computer.
From The Windows Club:
With Start My Day application the user can configure his day to day processes. The application supports dragging and dropping items to the list as well as browsing for items. It has three tabs or lists such as the app list, Web list, and music list. The application list will only accept .exe files currently.The Web List will only accept .url files which can be found in your favorites folder and the Music List will only accept .mp3 files. The playlist is saved in WPL format. Players that play the WPL Playlist type are Windows Media Player, Winamp, and VLC.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0 supports different extensions like *.ahk, .bat, *.bin, .cmd *.exe, and .iso.compatible with all Web browsers.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Launch an up/down timer with milliseconds settable from 3 secon...
- Restrict the amount of time to use the computer.
- Set the alarm on your screen.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Get a stopwatch that displays elapsed time in the taskbar.
- Decrypt USB Flash drive data automatically.
- Have an Analog clock on the browser.
- Remove applications scanning your PC for garbage files left aft...
- Set up countdown timer to receive alert of important event.
- Track the proper documentation to substantiate charitable contr...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Didn't work and couldn't uninstall"
Version: Start My Day 2.0
None. (Or, wel, it looks pretty..)
Does not work (does not automatically open software after boot).
CAN NOT UNINSTALL!
It didn't work. (win7)
I had added the Firefox and Thunderbird exe paths to Start my day.
Got some dll error for Thunderbird (even after reinstalling Thunderbird), and Firefox never loaded.
Big con: Could not (and still can't) uninstall!
It's not listed in Revo Uninstaller, it's not in my Program Files, and it's not in User/AppData/ Roaming (which is where it should be according to the Start my Day feedback forum)
Don't download, it doesn't work and you can't get rid of it.
If you want to automatically start software, just add it to the Startup folder in Windows.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content