SoftPerfect Network Scanner is a multi-threaded IP and NetBIOS scanner with a modern interface and several advanced features. It is intended for both system administrators and users who are interested in computer security. The program pings computers, scans for listening TCP ports and shows what types of resources are shared on a network (including system and hidden). In addition, it allows you to mount shared resources as network drives, browse them using Windows Explorer, filter the results list and more. SoftPerfect Network Scanner can also check for a user-defined port and report if it is found open, resolve host names and auto-detect your local IP range.
What's new in this version: Version 5.4.12 includes bookmark drag-n-drop in the bookmark manager, warning if closing the application while scan is in progress, automatic saving to the most recent file in addition to automatic load, and fix for passing parameters in double braces when no user-prompted parameters were present.
More Products to Consider
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP connected computers.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Check for open ports and scan dead machines.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Check the status of Web sites and services on particular ports.
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Monitor available computer and server services.
- Test and diagnose network problems with this software.
- Scan from any TWAIN or WIA compliant desktop scanner into any h...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Display all the computers which are connected to your system.
- Manage network with a lot of useful features.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Perform PC-only TCP/UDP port forwarding and reflection for Wind...
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Scan and report open ports on your network and set time lapse b...
- Monitor the computers in your network from PC.
- Automate the process of port forwarding in the router.
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-7 of 7
Version: SoftPerfect Network Scanner 5.4.11
Great and compact program. Does what it describes and is straight to the point.
Nothing at all.
Brian19672 did you use the green download button on this page with "CNET installer enabled"? If so, that's probably why you got the adware/spyware. Its a shame CNET actually does that to legit programs that don't distribute that junk. I suggest everyone to use the link below that says "Direct Download Link" instead. This way, you don't have to use that horrible spyware installer that CNET is forcing on us.
"Ad and Spyware"
Version: SoftPerfect Network Scanner 5.4.10
It did work very fast and found most of the devices on my network.
The program locked up the computer I was using. It downloaded Real Player for some reason. After deleting all that was installed a scan revealed ad-ware and spyware were installed with this download.
Shame that this program comes with the unwanted mess. The program itself ran nicely but who wants all the hassle of the added garbage. I would not recommend this program not because it does not work but due to the ad-ware, spyware and real time player downloads. Also I think it wanted to download Google Chrome and make a certain webpage a new home page.
If you do try this program I would say do it on a spare computer that you would not care if it was out of service to be cleaned or to have the whole OS reinstalled. Also watch out for check boxes for more software that you do not want.
"Great for what I need"
Version: SoftPerfect Network Scanner 5.3.1
This software fills my need to be able to scan my network to see device IP addresses.
None that I have found for what I need it to do.
Works as advertised.
"It does what it is supposed to do, as advertised"
Version: SoftPerfect Network Scanner 4.4.0
Easy network inventory
Must be tech savvy to know what to do with the information
Version: SoftPerfect Network Scanner 4.3.3
In South-Africa we work on bites, now I can choose what to install when and dont have to worry about my bites
So far nothing
What is not to like? It is easy to use and it give me the oppertunity to choose what I think is important to download first and the rest when I have available bites at the end of the month.
"Scanned my whole network- accurately"
Version: SoftPerfect Network Scanner 3.3
Scanned my whole network, not just one IP at a time. It is also accurate unlike other freeware I tried. This program runs from the executable file, it does not need to be installed. As a bonus you can see the hidden and unhidden shares on each machine and printers. Save results into XML, XLS, TXT or HTML files. It will resolve MAC Addresses if you select it under Options.
I couldn't find any... It did what I was looking for... and its FREE!
"This one did the trick - scans a range and reports - worked well."
Version: SoftPerfect Network Scanner 2.5
Simple to use, quick, has filtering options, reports the services it can see on IP addresses in use.
There is a field "MAC address" but this remained blank - would be useful if this worked.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: