From SoftMaker Software:
SoftMaker Office 2010. Powerful, compatible, fast, reliable. Your office suite is the most important application on your PC for document creation, both on your job, and for personal tasks. Choose SoftMaker Office 2010, and you will get the job done in less time, with more attractive results, and at drastically lower cost than with Microsoft Office. SoftMaker Office 2010 contains the following applications Word processor TextMaker 2010 and spreadsheet PlanMaker 2010.
Both applications are designed to seamlessly read and write Microsoft Office documents. TextMaker provides reliable access to Microsoft Word word processing files, and PlanMaker reads and writes Microsoft Excel spreadsheets perfectly. TextMaker and PlanMaker offer a familiar user interface if you have worked with Word and Excel before, you will feel right at home.
What's new in this version: Seamless support for the DOCX and XLSX file formats from Microsoft Office 2007. Comes with 3 licenses for home and business use. Presentation quality charts in PlanMaker. Breathtaking DirectX-based animations and slide transitions in SoftMaker. Presentations Document tabs for easy switching between open documents.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Repair security vulnerability in MS Office Word Viewer 2003.
- Block the execution of arbitrary code.
- Take a suite of essential everyday software tools wherever you ...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Apply desired changes in multiple MS Word documents.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Repair and configure the Microsoft Office installations.
- Block the execution of remote code.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Edit, process, and exchange documents with Microsoft Office use...
- Recover lost DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and other document file types f...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Convert files to PDF format and convert PDF files to Word forma...
- Add AutoComplete capabilities to your Visual Basic and VBA prod...
- Prevent online files from being accessed under improper securit...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- View and print documents from various word processing applicati...
- Convert PDF documents into fully editable Microsoft Word files.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"SM Office 2012 is a great replacement for M.S. Office."
Version: SoftMaker Office 2010
Looks great. Works great. Does all the file formats as it should.
I DID NOT pay $80. I bought it from Ashampoo and got it for WAY less.
I have the 2010 as well as the 2012 versions on separate computers at my home. They both work great.
None that I can see. One has to get used to the menus and how to set up what you want, but that's true of any new program. Softmaker makes it easy. So, I suppose that's not a con then. :)
If the freebies do not interest you, try Softmaker 2012. If you absolutely do NOT want to pay for an office suite, stick with OpenOffice. LibreOffice is huge and ugly.
If you decide to go with Softmaker 2012, be aware that the company holds sales each year and you can get the program (three licenses) a lot cheaper. Plus, you can buy a single license from Ashampoo for a lot less.
"An Expensive Poor Imitation of MSFT Office 2003"
Version: SoftMaker Office 2010
None....unless you don't mind paying $80 for an imitation of the old Office 2003 user interface.
Why pay $80 for an office suite that is no better than the free Open Office dot Org? Also, Ashampoo sells this exact same Softmaker suite for only $10 (though named Ashampoo Office 2010).
Softmaker Office 2010's only distinguishing feature is its old-style MSFT Office 2003 user interface. If you hate the new ribbon-style interface of MSFT Office 2010, then this office suite is meant for you. Aside from using the old-style interface, I can see no reason to pay $80 for Softmaker Office 2010...especially not when the FREE Open Office dot Org suite works equally as well....and especially when this same office software is sold by Ashampoo for $10.TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE TOO!
Updated on Aug 24, 2011
Yes, I was foolish and bought Office 2010. Anyway, I contacted SoftMaker customer service regarding an issue. After 3 emails, I have not received any reply. SoftMaker Office 2010 is a very bad deal!