CNET Editors' review
Excel is capable of doing all kinds of useful things, if you have the time and know-how to take advantage of its features. If you'd like to use Excel--or OpenOffice, or Google Docs--to keep track of employee timesheets but you don't want to mess around creating templates on your own, try Simple Employee Timesheet Template. This simple set of templates makes it easy to track your hours either weekly or biweekly in three of the most popular spreadsheet programs.
Simple Employee Timesheet Template is a set of four templates: weekly and biweekly timesheets that track partial hours as either decimals or minutes. The templates are plain but attractive, with space in which to enter the employer's name and address and the employee's name and supervisor. Entering the beginning date of the time period in the "Week of" space automatically updates the rest of the dates in the timesheet. The template lets you track regular, overtime, sick, vacation, and holiday hours, as well as unpaid leave, and separate pay rates can be specified for each of these. Once all of your hours are entered, the template calculates your total hours and deposits them in the right spot. An online Help file provides a basic overview of the program's features. Simple Employee Timesheet Template isn't fancy, and it's probably nothing you couldn't do yourself if you're moderately conversant with Excel. But someone else already did it for you, and it's free, so why not check it out? It's definitely better than some of the timesheets we've used in our professional life, and you and your employees might agree.
Simple Employee Timesheet Template comes as a ZIP file, and it installs and uninstalls cleanly.
This free Excel spreadsheet template by Vertex42.com provides a way for employees to track their daily work hours on a weekly or biweekly basis. It contains 4 separate worksheet tabs to let you choose a weekly or biweekly timesheet, or choose whether to record hours in decimal format or [h]:mm format. It works in Excel, OpenOffice.org, and Google Docs. For more information about ways to use the spreadsheet for your business, see the Help link within the spreadsheet.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Generate amortisation schedule for regular, discounted and inte...
- Post your actuals to server.
- Get a printable employee timesheet template.
- Create mortgage spreadsheet or running what-if scenarios.
- Deploy and manage business based web experience and increase th...
- Calculate employee regular, overtime, sick, and vacation days.
- View and print PowerPoint presentations.
- Use MS Excel spreadsheet for creating business, travel, and pro...
- Keep track of tasks assigned to your employees.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Software works fine/Downloader locks up computer"
Version: Simple Employee Timesheet Template 1.2
Easy to use, easy to modify and personalize.
CNET Downloader is a piece of crap and contains 4 maleware according to AVG.
Will not use CNET ever again.