From Westbrook Software:
Roll Call is an employee in and out board and a secure instant messaging system. The main fallacy of in and out boards is people forget to change their status. With Roll Call, you only need to remember to change it when you leave your desk, not when you return. When you click your mouse or type on your keyboard for the first time after being away from your desk, Roll Call will automatically change your status to "desk". If you happen to leave your desk and forget to change your status, Roll Call will change it to "idle" after a given amount of time. When you remember to change your status, Roll Call makes it easy by allowing you to type a hotkey or select a status from a popup menu that is presented when Roll Call's tray icon is right clicked. For instance, you can define a hotkey to change your status to "lunch", another to "home", etc. No matter what the forefront application is, you can enter a key sequence to change your status. Roll Call's tray icon also graphically represents what your status is. When you change your status, Roll Call saves you time by defaulting to a reasonable return time. If "lunch" or "break", the current time plus the typical amount of time you take for lunch or a break respectively. If "home", the next business day at your typical arrival time. The calculation of the next business day considers company holidays that you provide and weekends. Roll Call provides additional information. Associated with each employee record is a notes section, group list, email address and a phone list. Groups are useful because the employee list can be filtered to only show those associated with a particular group.
What's new in this version: Version 3.56 added support of 64-bit versions of Windows.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Keep track of the whereabouts of employees and how to contact t...
- Add an electronic sign in/sign out board for company's network.
- Build up a client-server instant messaging network.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Host secure corporate messaging system for both internal and ex...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Send instant messages across your LAN.
- Set up instant messaging system for your company.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Implement secure instant messaging in your office.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Communicate through Ethernet network, using the TCP/IP protocol...
- Track the whereabouts of your employees.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Experience the ease of making VoIP calls through their computer...
- Utilize free instant messaging on your PC.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Encrypt your instant messaging sessions when using standard IM ...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: