CNET Editors' note: Download.com has removed the direct-download link following the publisher's request and offers this page for informational purposes only.
From Rider 8 Software:
Six Tools are included--Rider Vault, InParaFind, InDocFind, ProxFind, DocNameFind and DefFind. Rider Vault allows the user to save and retrieve often-used text. Unique sort and search features permit the user to find the text he or she is looking for. InParaFind and ProxFind allow the user to search and display the use of words and phrases in one or multiple text documents. When ProxFind or InParaFind finds text meeting the specified search parameters, it displays selections from the relevant document, with the search text highlighted. DocNameFind allows the user to search for file names using up to six search text strings. InDocFind allows the user to search for documents using up to six search words DefFind retrieves all the defined terms from a selected document and displays the defintion and the uses of the definition, with the defined term highlighted. Rider 8 Tools operates independently of other applications (including Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat), and searches Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx), Adobe Acrobat (.pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), Text (.txt) and HTML (.htm) documents. A user does not need Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat installed on his or her computer in order to search Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat documents. The user may: Select and copy any or all of the selections or any part of a selection; Print all of the selections or any selection; Save all of the selections as a Rich Text Format document (.rtf) or Adobe Portable Document Format document (.pdf). If the user has the appropriate version of Microsoft Word installed on his or her computer, Rider 8 Tools will open the search document and automatically navigate to any chosen selection, allowing the user to make any desired changes to the underlying document. Rider 8 Tools does not alter the user's documents. Unless the user saves the search results, no record of his search or search results is retained on the user's computer after he closes Rider 8 Tools. Rider 8 Tools does not rely on "indexing" computer files and so the user will not experience the computer slowdown common when using indexing products.
What's new in this version: Version 2.5.1 introduces the new tool Rider Vault.
More Products to Consider
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Search for and edit files in four unique ways.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Search, extract, and replace data from files.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Search and replace text/data in files.
- Search and replace text in files.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Manage, search, and rename your files.
- Search and replace information on your system.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Find and replace in multiple files. Regular expressions, multip...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Search words with the consideration of morphology and synonyms ...
- Find and replace text in files, insert text into files in a bat...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Search for various files and replace text in them.