CNET Editors' review
Some of the best software takes simple tasks and finds a whole new and innovative way of dealing with them. On the other side of the coin, some of the worst software takes simple tasks and needlessly complicates them. Such is the case with Memo2050. This bare-bones program lets you create lists of weekly events, but there are so few features that we can't imagine why anyone would choose this program over a typical calendar.
The program's interface is plain, consisting of a gray square with a few buttons. The program displays dates in a list a week at a time, starting with Sunday; days that have already passed are listed in white, and the current and remaining days are shown in blue. Clicking the New Entry button lets you create a new event; we found it annoying that we had to manually enter the desired date rather than selecting it from a calendar view. Entries can also be set to occur on a particular day of the week, a certain number of days in the future, or to repeat daily, weekly, or yearly (but not, apparently, monthly). Checking a box marked Red Letter Day will show the event in red, distinguishing from other events, shown in yellow. What you end up with after using Memo2050 is a list of days with events listed under each one. That's about the extent of what Memo2050 does. It can sound an alarm for Red Letter Days and daily and weekly events each time the program is launched, but it's not going to alert you specifically about your 2 p.m. meeting. There's not room beyond the event title to include any additional information. You can't even use the program to print out a daily agenda. We didn't encounter any functional problems with Memo2050, but in the end, we just couldn't figure out why anyone would use it.
Memo2050 comes as a ZIP file. It's available after extraction with no need for installation.
From Georges Ware:
Memo2050 application was designed to be a simple Diary which will accept entries up to the end of the year 2050 AD. Entries can be added and deleted as required and the diary can be search for any particular entry. Memo2050 does many useful tricks and has the advantage simplicity over many other available diaries.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Eliminate your credit card debt and consumer loans using popula...
- Transcribe audio recordings and control audio playback with a f...
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Record, store, and manage contact information.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content