CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
McAfee SafeKey can hold all of your passwords safely, but it takes a while to set up. Depending on how much you use McAfee products, you may have to sign up for multiple accounts just to access this app's features. That doesn't bode well for this program, especially when there are other easy-to-use, effective password managers available.
This program serves as a home for all of your passwords. It can log in for you on some Web sites, as well, and syncs to your desktop or tablet app if you have one. Your passwords are all held in a clean, white menu that shows you the icon for each account, so you never mix them up and log in, incorrectly. The program has a notes feature that lets you write password-protected notes, as well. SafeKey copies the password for you, so you never even see it when you're entering it on the Web site, which is a boost for security -- no one peeking over your shoulder can see it. The app requires an account, but in order to get one, you have to already have a McAfee account; this means a lengthy setup if you don't.
It makes sense that this app would be concerned about security, but that might be taking it too far. Both KeePass and LastPass work just as well and are a lot easier to set up. However, if you're already into McAfee and have the accounts you need, SafeKey is worth using.
From McAfee Mobile Security:
Simplify and Secure your Online Experience Never forget your passwords again with McAfee SafeKey password manager. Managing all your usernames and passwords for multiple accounts, on multiple browsers, on multiple devices, can get tiresome. McAfee SafeKey securely stores your usernames and passwords for your favorite sites, and logs in for youwith just one click. Before you installYou need to create a McAfee SafeKey account to use this app. Your McAfee My Account login details wont work. You can create a McAfee SafeKey account by downloading McAfee SafeKey on your PC or Mac. Log in to your My Account page at http://home.mcafee.com to get started. After you create your new account, you can start using McAfee SafeKey on your mobile device. NOTE: This product is only for users who have downloaded and purchased McAfee All Access Security. If you are interested, please visit http://home.mcafee.com/store/all-access-security.Why you should use it Single click login Easily manage all your passwords for all your devices Securely store all your usernames, passwords, and personal information How it worksIf you spend more time trying to remember your password than actually using the site youre trying to log in to, McAfee SafeKey can help. McAfee SafeKey is included in your McAfee All Access subscription. It works across all your devices and you can add up 5 users. Just add your login details to your McAfee SafeKey vault once and it remembers everything for you. When you add your login details to your smartphone or tablet, youll see them on your Mac, PC, or other mobile devices too. As long as youre logged in to McAfee SafeKey, it takes care of entering your username and password for each login.What McAfee SafeKey supportsThis version supports Android 2.1 and higherRecent changes:McAfee SafeKey release includes the following:A secure password management solutionA secure cloud vault Bug FixesContent rating: Everyone
What's new in this version: McAfee SafeKey release includes the following:A secure password management solutionA secure cloud vault Bug Fixes
More Products to Consider
- Best Cache Cleaner.
- Droid NAS allows you to share folders over a Wi-Fi network, mak...
- Kill unnecessary apps and running tasks.
- Mobile Banking BRI is a secure and convenient sms-based mobile ...
- Print anywhere from any Android tablet or smartphone.
- View and manage your contacts on your Android device.
- Take note and remember everything, compatible on multiple devic...
- Google Keep.
- Lock for WhatsApp Now let this locking app protect your WhatsAp...
- Protects your Android phone or tablet with award winning antivi...
- Make things happen (with friends).
- Unlock your phones true potential w/ Root Tools by JRummy16 *Ro...
- Protect all your devices.
- Organize your tasks, sync them between devices, and share your ...
- "Star Trek Series" app contains the full listing of all episode...
- Manage your expenses and income of the day.
- HighGround Asset Tracking is a simple fixed asset tracking app ...
- Let's Save Michigan is an ambitious campaign to turn around our...
- Get mobile barcode reader on your Android device.
- GIFGIFQQ ## GIF10W 18LOMO 7240*320 240*400 240*432 320*480360*6...
- Finally, it's here... OTGA 2. This is v2 of the original OTGA D...
- Protect your Tablet for FREE now with AVGs Mobile Antivirus Sec...
- Shared Solutions wants you to feel confident about achieving yo...
- Reduce Alcohol Cravings Hypnosis Audio from Tom Nicoli.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Are you sure, there should be minus stars"
Version: McAfee SafeKey 1.0.7
I cannot imagine there are any
McAfee, or Norton allowed to have your private details, you may as well hand them over to Google
Considering these companies employ more criminal hackers than are sitting in all the jail in the world, I wouldn't think whatever CNET says about the software would be safe. What happens when McAfee decides it wants your details to give to the worlds worst terrorist, the NSA.
With all the computer etc., etc., spying that's instigated illegally by governments who are in league with the US government, do you really want to trust anyone but yourself?
Once upon a time what I am saying would be considered as conspiracy theory, but now it's fact. I think I would feel safer writing all my passwords on a piece of paper and sticking it in my window.