Jotz works hard at being true to the spirit of the original Note Pad, while updating and advancing its functionality. Jotz puts the most commonly used functions on the pad window for direct access, and adds user-friendly features like:
- Rigorous adherence to the Classic note-pad metaphor. This is a notepad, not a database or a PIM.
- Near-zero learning curve. Tested on both "techie" and non-technical users.
- Commonly used functions available on pad window. (New Note, Select Note, Shuffle Notes, Find, etc)
- Notes are individually dated with creation and modification dates.
- Automatic Find/Import of Classic Note Pads.
- Auto-save: Changes made to a note are intelligently saved in the background within seconds.
- Background note-loading: even very large notepads immediately available.
- One-button automatic polylingual significance-theory note auto-titling (currently supports English, German and most Romance languages).
- User-configurable auto-hide: minimizes desktop clutter.
- "Shuffle Drawer" for easy note reorganization: notes can be dragged around inside the pad, or between pads.
- Multi-level, multi-pad search (Search in: current note; current pad; all open pads; all pads in Jotz folder).
- Simple and Full interface styles. See for images
- 100% "live" (non-modal) preferences.
- Auto-closing drawer-based alerts instead of flow-disrupting alert windows or sheets.
- Full Cocoa application, not Carbonized Classic app.
- Standard file format (rtfd) for robust data availability. You can read your notes without Jotz, if need-be.
- Built-in suggestion box: encourages feedback from users.
- System Services
What's new in this version:
This version of Jotz fixes a bug that could cause a crash during Copy/Paste under undefined circumstances. Thanks to Tom Garcia for reporting this and for helping me to get the issue resolved despite my inability to reproduce it locally.