CNET Editors' review
Networks are everywhere these days, and it's a rare company or organization that doesn't use at least one. Even families are getting in on the act, with shared resources like multimedia files. TEC Solution' IP-guard is a single solution to most users' network management issues. Its modular design lets you manage and protect your online and offline computing resources based on your specific needs. It helps secure your intellectual property through active security features as well as through sophisticated tracking and logging of all activities in your network.
IP-guard installs in two parts, the V3 Console and V3 Server. There's an agent that installs on networked machines. To install the Server module, you must have SQL Server installed. The base software includes three modules--the Basic Module, Device Control Management, and End-point Security Management--and two agent licenses, though further modules and licenses are available for users who need them. There are 14 modules in all, including specific applications to manage and secure your bandwidth, printers, removable storage, remote access points, IT resources, documents, and Web sites. For all its wide-ranging capabilities, IP-guard is fairly easy to set up, thanks to the Basic module, which is the central point of control. The main Console has the familiar Windows-style interface found on powerful Administrator-level applications. We tried IP-guard's basic functions in an admittedly limited environment. However, it's obvious this capable program will pose no challenge to most admins, and the modular design means no dealing with anything that's not needed.
Though IP-guard is clearly designed with the business user in mind, it's affordable enough to help organizations, charities, and even families and individuals secure and manage their networks and shared resources. It's ideal for physicians, consultants, small businesses, and others who need an enterprise-class secure environment yet can't justify the expense of the big-box solutions.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of IP-guard 3.11.1219. The trial version has some features disabled.
IP-guard is an all-in-one unique solution for managing and protecting your online and offline computing resources as well as Intellectual Property. IP-guard provides flexible modules-based in our purchase scheme, you can choose specified modules to fit your organization or corporation needs. IP-guard enables your enterprise to understand exactly how the computer users are interacting with your information assets by capturing, collecting, managing and reporting the computer activities in your networked environment. $59.99 includes 3 modules (Basic Module (Mandatory) + Device Control Management + End-point security Management) with 2 agents licenses.
What's new in this version: Version 3.11.1219 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Protect your personal information, IP address, and credit card ...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Backup, restore, and secure files swiftly and easily.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Update your Linksys router settings automatically.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Translate your Visual C++ applications easily.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Play the famous box game Stratego.
- Protect yourself against online identity theft.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Change IP address and user agent to surf Internet anonymously.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Protect your system from various online threats.
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- Kill pop-up windows and delete Internet history and cache files...
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Protect your important data.
- Monitor and restrict adult content in browsers and chat windows...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1