CNET Editors' review
History Sweeper gives users a chance to cover their tracks and erase digital fingerprints. Whether you are interested in keeping information from others or simply cleaning up valuable space on your hard drive, this program offers a way to help.
This program could not be much simpler to operate. There is one screen with four tabs that gives users all the options for their sweep. Three of the tabs focus on different areas of the computer you can clean. Internet History allows you to scrub your browsing history, cookies, and even Google search bar entries. The Applications tab allows you to choose whether to keep your past entries in Word, Excel, and even music listening a secret. The Windows tab allows users to delete things like temporary files and the Recycle Bin. Sweeping items from the computer is as simple as hitting the OK button. We liked the screen that appeared showing every file being scoured and how close the process is to completion. In the end, you are given a tally of files and how much space was cleared. Interesting options include a scheduler to automatically perform this task and a Shredder, which destroys any trace of these files once they are deleted.
The 14-day trial period is on the short side, but the program is so easy to use that it's ample time to fully test it. History Sweeper is a simple program that performs its task quickly. We recommend it for all users looking to increase their security.
From InfoWorks Technology:
Whenever you use your computer, you leave traces of your activities. Investigators, your employer, your colleagues, your friends, and your family members can find out what you've been doing online. History Sweeper automatically cleans the history of your online activities and protects your privacy. The application removes intrusive devices from your PC and increases your online security. Plus, it saves storage space and improves the performance of your computer. Using multiple threading technologies, History Sweeper automatically cleans the history of your activities on the fly. It also provides a deep sweep, a shredder, and a scheduler, and it runs in the background. It even cleans the histories of your Google Toolbar, MSN Toolbar, Yahoo Toolbar, Microsoft Office, IE8, IE9, IE10, Google Chrome browser and Firefox browser.
What's new in this version: Version 3.36 adds support of latest IE, Firefox, and Chrome.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your online privacy by cleaning up Internet history and...
- Delete traces of your Internet and Windows activities.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Search and find information and related data on your PC.
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Automate repetitive tasks.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Wipe useless files and private records and free up your disk sp...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Protect your Internet privacy by cleaning up all the tracks of ...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Create disposable email addresses, phone numbers, and credit ca...
- Protect your privacy and remove the unique ID of Google Chrome ...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 16 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Used for 1 day and it never cleared Browser History"
Version: History Sweeper 3.36
Easy to install and use
Did not clear Browser History after sweeping the system multiple times. Have IE, FireFox and Chrome all installed and it failed to clear the history in any of these browsers. If this feature is disabled in the trial version all I can say is if I do not see it work I have no reason to trust it will do the task I downloaded it for.
I saw another negative review stating a similar experience but gave it a try anyway since the positive reviews out numbered the negative.