CNET Editors' review
History Sweeper gives users a chance to cover their tracks and erase digital fingerprints. Whether you are interested in keeping information from others or simply cleaning up valuable space on your hard drive, this program offers a way to help.
This program could not be much simpler to operate. There is one screen with four tabs that gives users all the options for their sweep. Three of the tabs focus on different areas of the computer you can clean. Internet History allows you to scrub your browsing history, cookies, and even Google search bar entries. The Applications tab allows you to choose whether to keep your past entries in Word, Excel, and even music listening a secret. The Windows tab allows users to delete things like temporary files and the Recycle Bin. Sweeping items from the computer is as simple as hitting the OK button. We liked the screen that appeared showing every file being scoured and how close the process is to completion. In the end, you are given a tally of files and how much space was cleared. Interesting options include a scheduler to automatically perform this task and a Shredder, which destroys any trace of these files once they are deleted.
The 14-day trial period is on the short side, but the program is so easy to use that it's ample time to fully test it. History Sweeper is a simple program that performs its task quickly. We recommend it for all users looking to increase their security.
From InfoWorks Technology:
Whenever you use your computer, you leave traces of your activities. Investigators, your employer, your colleagues, your friends, and your family members can find out what you've been doing online. History Sweeper automatically cleans the history of your online activities and protects your privacy. The application removes intrusive devices from your PC and increases your online security. Plus, it saves storage space and improves the performance of your computer. Using multiple threading technologies, History Sweeper automatically cleans the history of your activities on the fly. It also provides a deep sweep, a shredder, and a scheduler, and it runs in the background. It even cleans the histories of your Google Toolbar, MSN Toolbar, Yahoo Toolbar, Microsoft Office, IE8, IE9, IE10, Google Chrome browser and Firefox browser.
What's new in this version: Version 3.36 adds support of latest IE, Firefox, and Chrome.
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Protect yourself by erasing all traces of your computer activit...
- Don't give away sensitive information with computer hardware.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Delete traces of computer and Internet activities in one click.
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Remove unwanted information without leaving a trace.
- Remove traces collected by your operating system and Internet b...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Delete traces of your Internet and Windows activities.
- Maintain your computer privacy and protect your data.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect your privacy by cleaning up the tracks of your computer...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Locate and remove the traces of activities on your computer.
- Protect your online privacy by cleaning up Internet history and...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Clean cookies, history, cache, registry, and free space automat...
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 16 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Used for 1 day and it never cleared Browser History"
Version: History Sweeper 3.36
Easy to install and use
Did not clear Browser History after sweeping the system multiple times. Have IE, FireFox and Chrome all installed and it failed to clear the history in any of these browsers. If this feature is disabled in the trial version all I can say is if I do not see it work I have no reason to trust it will do the task I downloaded it for.
I saw another negative review stating a similar experience but gave it a try anyway since the positive reviews out numbered the negative.