CNET Editors' review
Whether you're in charge of managing hardware for a whole company or you have your own extensive collection, it makes sense to have a way to keep track of what you have on hand. Hardware Asset Tracker is a simple program that lets you record the details of your computers, monitors, printers, and more. It's not the most elegant program we've ever seen, but it's not bad for what it is.
Hardware Asset Tracker has a tabbed interface that categorizes hardware as Computers, Laptops, Modems, Monitors, NICs, Printers, and Workstations. If you don't like those categories or want to add others, too bad; there's no way to customize them. For each item of hardware, you can record information such as the supplier, location, serial number, value, condition, price, installation date, and more; these fields can be customized as desired. Images can be added for each item as well. We liked that Hardware Asset Tracker offers a variety of reports that can be sorted by field, as well as the capability to print labels with item information. There's no way to search for specific items, but a series of letters across the bottom of the interface lets you quickly jump to all items that start with a particular letter. A built-in Help file provides thorough instructions for the program's use. Overall, we didn't find Hardware Asset Tracker to be particularly attractive or sophisticated, but it will do an adequate job of cataloging your hardware.
Hardware Asset Tracker installs and uninstalls without issues.
From Duck Software:
Organize, catalog, and inventory all your computer hardware assets with 18 different fields. Simple interface makes it easy to browse, sort, and print out all kinds of information on each asset. Other features include custom reports, labels, searching, custom fields, file export or import, a Notes section, an Extras section for peripherals and a graphic field.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- View and print PowerPoint presentations.
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Process documents and save them in various formats.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Prepare stunning presentations, save them on cloud, and share w...
- Organize your important events, journals, notes, and contacts.
- Create and track quotes, invoices, and credit notes.
- Create invoice templates and quotes and purchase orders.
- Track, graph, and report on the performance of your investment ...
- Convert image files to PDF documents.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content