CNET Editors' review
While e-books are steadily gaining in popularity with the reading public, an overabundance of devices and formats keeps the lid on. The market will probably sort out the competition the way it always does, but until then, your options are to limit your reading to titles available for your reader, or convert e-books into a format your reader supports. That's where Hamster Free Book Converter enters the story. This simple, free tool lets you drag and drop or add e-book titles in a wide range of formats and either choose your device or file type to automatically convert them into compatible e-books.
Hamster Free Book Converter has a simple but attractive interface and layout. You add titles by browsing or dragging and dropping them directly into the main window; we tried both. After adding titles, we clicked Next, and Book Converter displayed icons for Devices and Formats and platforms. We merely had to click the correct icon for our device (23 as of our test) or format (12, including EPUB, MOBI, TXT, HTMP, PDF, and LIT) and click Convert. The program prompted us to choose a destination for our converted file. That's about our only complaint with Hamster's simple, effective tool: We wish it saved converted titles to the source directory by default, or at least offered the option to set a default destination folder. But the program's options are essentially limited to choice of interface language.
Hamster Free Book Converter made quick work of our titles, converting them between several formats. The program tracks each title's progress down the list with very large numerical displays of the percent of total. When our job was done, we could click Open Folder to view our converted titles in the destination folder or return to the list. Apart from social media tools, that's all there is to Hamster Free Book Converter, and all there really needs to be to fulfill its mission. No matter what brand or type of reader you own or what format you've saved a title to, this fast, free tool makes it totally easy to access your e-books.
eBooks are the latest craze and you see them everywhere these days. It mostly started with the launch of the Amazon Kindle, but now there are numerous companies making their own eBook readers but, to make things complicated, most of them also provide their own proprietary formats which makes it complicated to use eBooks from one device on another, even including your computer itself. Hamster Free eBook Converter is the perfect solution for dealing with these problems, not only because it is completely free, but also because it provides a particularly user-friendly interface. To convert any eBook in any format from your digital library, all you need to do is drag and drop it into the program and then select the name of the device that you want to use it with. You don't actually need to know anything about different formats and file extensions. Once you've selected your device, the program will convert the eBook in just a few seconds. It also, of course, supports the most popular PDF format as well.
What's new in this version: Version 18.104.22.168 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- View e-books of various formats and download/buy books from net...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Read and shelve all your e-books with a universal e-book manage...
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Make eBrochures, eBooks, and other ePresentations, create quizz...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Learn how to put together an e-book and make it available for d...
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Read about a child who possesses extra-sensory perception.
- Learn about money making from the masters.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Sail to the treasure island with pirates.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Enjoy John Muir's collected writings and letters.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create auction or classified ads with ready-made templates.
- Create e-books and manage distribution options.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
All versions:2.7 stars
out of 15 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"I don't like it. It won't work."
Version: Hamster Free eBook Converter 22.214.171.124
I really like and use almost every day the version 126.96.36.199. It works really good.
I tried to download the new update ie:(version 188.8.131.52)but when I tried to use it, didn't work. When I tried to convert some e-books the program seamed to be working but after it said conversion completed there was no book converted or not...so I had to uninstall it. I tried to re-install it 3 times but no luck so I went back to the old version ie:(version 184.108.40.206.13)
....Some thing is very wrong with the update of version 220.127.116.11 and it won't work as administer ether so what ever you did it needs to be undone. Thank You.
P.S. I am still using version 18.104.22.168 it works really good so I will keep it and not even try to update again. Thank You.
"Downloads the Wrong Program"
Version: Hamster Free eBook Converter 22.214.171.124
Nothing to see here.
It downloads the Video converter. The wrong program!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content