CNET Editors' review
Free Fire Screensave sets users' monitors ablaze, igniting each window and icon in translucent flames. It's a cool effect, and the intuitive interface allows for just the right amount of customization; users can personalize their settings without being overwhelmed by options.
The features that users can tweak include the speed of the flames' flickering, whether the screensaver fades out or ends immediately upon exit, and the program's sounds and music. Users can choose between two built-in pieces of music (Romantic and Melancholic), set the program to use other music from the computer, or turn the music off entirely. Crackling fire sounds can also be adjusted in volume or turned off. This program offers multimonitor support for users who desire more than one blazing screen; this can be turned off for those who don't. Users can also easily take a screenshot of the flaming desktop, which could provide a not-so-subtle way to tell your boss what you really think of your latest assignment. (If only it showed holes burning through Word documents!)
This freeware installs and uninstalls cleanly, making it a hassle-free desktop enhancement. Users who want to add a little bit of heat to their computers should find this an enjoyable addition to their screensaver collections.
From Laconic Software:
This nifty screensaver sets your desktop ablaze. When you fire up Free Fire Screensaver (no pun intended), each item on your desktop - including icons and all open windows will appear to catch on fire, glowing and emitting a smoke effect. The crackling and popping sounds, chimes an music that accompany the screensaver are very nice. Free Fire Screensaver includes two perfect built-in soundtracks, but your favorite music can be set as well. Using the "Enter" key, you can even capture a picture of your burning desktop.
To enhance usefulness of this entertainig download, it comes bundled with some
What's new in this version: Version 2.20 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Display the view of our planet as seen from space.
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Enjoy flight over ocean in cinematic 3D environment.
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Turn your computer into a realistic fireplace.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Bring the Fire to your computer screen.
- Put a realistic flame effect on your desktop.
- Spell your name in dry ice fashion.
- Watch your screen go up in flames.
- Feel the irresistible charm of a real wood fire on your Windows...
- Display images of the dalmatian dogs on your desktop.
- Feel romantic with silky smooth burning heart on your desktop.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Bring the fire to your computer screen.
- Change the desktop wallpaper automatically, position pictures t...
- See a glowing digital clock that appears when your computer is ...
- Display a special effects screensaver on your desktop.
- Customize your bootup screen with your own images.
- Display lovely flowers on your desktop screen.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 189 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Comes with Conduit redirect virus -Avoid at all costs!"
Version: Free Fire Screensaver 2.20
there are no pros to a program that installs virus/malware on your computer
even if you opt out of the "foodbuzz" toolbar, it installs anyway. then you have a very persistant virus/malware problem. Just google conduit re direct for more
Avoid at all costs --- this is a very dishonest and malevolent company distributing this software.