CNET Editors' review
Capturing Flash files is extremely easy, thanks to this handy download manager. Unfortunately, in order to play any of the files, you'll have to install additional programs.
FlashCatch installs a drop-down menu icon on your Internet Explorer toolbar. Simply pay a visit to your favorite video-sharing site, navigate to a video page, and the program grabs the file for download. Once we selected the video file from the drop-down menu, it was instantly saved to our location of choice. However, in order to play the program, you have to install either the publisher's video converter to convert the file to a MPEG or AVI file, or install the player. Luckily, both of these other programs are free. Options for the program include setting specific file sizes for the program to ignore, displaying recent files, and animating the icon when a Flash file is recognized. Help for the program is available as an FAQ on the publisher's Web site.
If you're not too keen on downloading an extra program, then you might want to look for a download manager that allows you to play the video files using its own built-in capabilities or your own default player. But if you don't mind the extra installations, this easy-to-use download manager is suitable for all user levels.
From Level 9 Technology:
FlashCatch is a Flash/FLV video downloader plug-in for Windows Internet Explorer and FireFox that lets you instantly download streaming HD videos from most Web sites, like YouTube, Break, and CNN. With FlashCatch you'll never have to wait for videos to download or buffer. Simply click on the Flashcatch toolbar icon to begin downloading a video directly to your hard drive.
More Products to Consider
- Download FLV files from any webpage.
- Search, download, and play videos online.
- Download videos from Youtube and all FLV, MP4, H264 video sites...
- Download YouTube videos and convert to multiple formats.
- Download and convert videos from video streaming sites.
- Download, convert, play and manage your favorite Web Videos.
- Increase your connection speed and recover broken downloads.
- Download and manage torrent files.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Download free videos from YouTube, Google, Yahoo, Facebook.
- Download YouTube videos and accelerate downloads by up to 5 tim...
- Download YouTube, Hulu, UStream, CBS, MTV, HBO, and any Web vid...
- Download video and music from YouTube.
- Check your Facebook friends, discover if their profiles and pho...
- Download videos from YouTube to your computer.
- Accelerate and manage file downloads.
- Find your own IP address and match hostnames with IP addresses ...
- Manage your file downloads on your Windows PC.
- Convert videos from Flash FLV tube sites to AVI, MPEG/MPG, MP4,...
- View, extract, and save cached videos in your Web browser cache...
- Download files faster and safer with your Web and Windows appli...
- Download clips from video sites.
- Integrate VLC, Winamp, and MPC through YouTube and Vimeo to Fac...
- Watch Online TV Stations with automatic list updates.
- Get flash files (*.swf,*.flv) from Web pages and download onlin...
All versions:2.8 stars
out of 48 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
""Free" version too limited"
Version: FlashCatch Video Downloader 188.8.131.52
"Free" version just a tease for the paid version
"Free" version is just a teaser; chose not to pay so can't comment on paid version