When it's time to get serious about budgeting, you may need the whole family to participate. Family Budget enables a family to manage its collective spending by easily tracking and communicating expenses.
Family Budget allows multiple members of a family to participate in a shared monthly budget. One or more family members sets up a monthly budget by adding/removing budget categories, setting amounts, adding family members from contacts, and then synchronize with the Family Budget web service. Other family members then synchronize their iPhone/iPod Touch with the budget data stored on the web service. Each member may then enter daily expenses and synchronize their data to the Family Budget web service. Expenses and budget updates entered by other family members are downloaded and synchronized to your iPhone or iPod Touch. This is especially useful when one or more family members are away from home.
Your family budget status is prominently visible with two gauges - one for all expenses and one for flexible expenses.
Documentation is available at http://familybudget.etreasure.com
- Add any number of family members using your address book contact information
- Budget status and category budget status graphically displayed
- Customization of budget categories - add and remove categories, and set budget category amounts.
- Synchronize budget information between family members using the Family Budget web service from anywhere an internet connection is available.
- Break down of budget items by flexible and non-discretionary (fixed) expenses. Gauge on left of main page shows status of all expenses, and gauge on right shows status of flexible expenses.
- Create Accounts (Cash, Credit, Debit, etc) and associate with each expense
- Add notes to expenses
- Take photo of receipt and attach to expense. Web site supports generation of PDF expense reports which include images. Ideal for submitting expense reports for business trips.
- Full editing of recorded expenses
- Access to budget data at familybudget.etreasure.com where budget data can be viewed, edited, and downloaded as CSV and Excel files, and generate PDF reports
- See our web site familybudget.etreasure.com for supported currencies
What's new in this version:
- fixed bug that caused budget data to be reset as though a new month had begun. This bug occurs when a time zone change occurs, which can happen when traveling across time zones, or when living close to a time zone boundary.