CNET Editors' review
While there are plenty of programs that help manage your daily tasks, many are terribly expensive. EssentialPIM offers a free way stay organized, and we found it to be a fairly effective program.
This freeware heavily mimics the display and functionality of the popular Microsoft Outlook program. This, however, is not a bad thing. In fact, it makes EssentialPIM very intuitive thanks to the toolbar along the left side that allows users to easily cycle through the calendar, to-do list, contacts, notes, and trash. Inputting data into any of these fields is fairly easy. Anyone with prior experience with time management software will leap right into creating reminders on the calendar, recurring to-do events, and more. The menus that create such items flow well, with versatile pull-down menus, fillable fields, and dates.
We had a simple time managing nearly all aspects of this program, but we did find that although the program is listed as free with no limitations, the freeware version lacks numerous features found in the paid version. Users looking for advanced features to sync with other programs, add advanced encryption, and filter task lists and events won't find those features in the free program. Still, if users don't need these options, EssentialPIM covers the basics and its price cannot be beat.
EssentialPIM Free is the award-winning, absolutely free personal information manager that makes it easy to control your appointments, to do lists, notes, email messages, password entries and contacts. In addition to that, EssentialPIM Free offers portability, speed, intuitive interface, and the ability to synchronize all your information with Android and iOS devices. Supported by a large community of users, EssentialPIM Free has been widely acknowledged as the best personal information management system on any desktop or USB flash drive.
What's new in this version: Version 5.8 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule tasks and maintain contacts for workgroups.
- Organize your personal and business needs with your portable me...
- Manage your appointments, tasks, notes, contacts, e-mail messag...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Manage your task, appointments, and contacts on PC.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Organize and plan your business and private life.
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Store your outdated information from EssentialPIM databases to ...
- Update Microsoft Access front end automatically on user worksta...
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
All versions:4.1 stars
out of 114 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Piggy bank for the developer"
Version: EssentialPIM 5.8
I hated the attitude and the greed behind the application so much that I deleted it!
It's an unending tiresome drudgery of bug fixes and yearly high subscription fee for a small program it is. There would not be a PC application plethora if developers followed these guys' massive greed! Yuck!
Not worth the money that you must commit yourself to pay every year. For a sheer calendar on pays the highest price ever for a PC programs