CNET Editors' review
Efficient Calendar Free is an attractive scheduling application that lets users to keep track of events, appointments, holidays, and more. If you're looking for a stand-alone calendar that's not integrated with your e-mail or other online activities, Efficient Calendar Free is a great option.
The program's interface is sleek and highly reminiscent of more recent versions of Microsoft Outlook. In fact, we'd be hard pressed to identify any ways that Efficient Calendar Free differs significantly from the calendar functions of Outlook, aside from the fact that it doesn't appear that this program can be used interactively by multiple users (no inviting other users to meetings). We liked that users can choose from eight different color schemes, allowing a bit of interface customization. The navigation pane can also be customized to show only the buttons that the user specifies. The built-in Help file is thorough and well written.
Efficient Calendar Free does all of the usual things you'd expect from a calendar and scheduler. Users can schedule reminders, set tasks and mark their progress, and make entries in both daily and monthly calendars. We like that Efficient Calendar Free lets you import holidays from several different English-speaking countries. You can even customize which holidays are imported. Overall, there's nothing really spectacular about this scheduler, but it's attractive and intuitive, and we didn't find anything about it that rubbed us the wrong way.
Efficient Calendar Free is free. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
Efficient Calendar Free is scheduler, planner and reminder all-in-one. It saves your time by allowing international holidays and major holidays of some countries to be imported directly. Multiple calendar views, such as Day and Month views as well as list view are available so you can better arrange and track your appointments and events. Events and tasks can be differentiated by colors, so you can manage schedules in the most visual ways. The "First Thing First" principle is followed and you can set importance and priorities for events and tasks. All appointments, meetings, events and tasks can be reminded in time as you configured, and you will never miss any important event.
Version 1.40 Build 58 has added Czech, Finnish languages and other improvements are made and bugs are fixed.
What's new in this version: Version 1.40 Build 58 has added Czech, Finnish languages and other improvements are made and bugs are fixed.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Eliminate your credit card debt and consumer loans using popula...
- Transcribe audio recordings and control audio playback with a f...
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Record, store, and manage contact information.
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 29 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Brilliant! Author dayplanner does well 4 multitasking"
Version: Efficient Calendar Free 1.40 Build 58
Nice large calander space, good colors, pleanty of room for creating a schedule. Includes a totay feature, events, task, search, mininal buttons to get the basic job done.
I could use a spell check!
For free? Come on! This is a GREAT gadget to have! I'm already a twitter thinking of how usedful this will be to me as a writer. Plus, it's nice to have something this well crafted by a smaller company, instead of throwing my money to the big-wigs.
"Nag Nag Nag"
Version: Efficient Calendar Free 1.40 Build 58
Does a good job at keeping track of tasks and appointments
Constant nags to buy Effecient PIM and update to newer version. Frankly, I will uninstall this very soon unless the nags stop. It says it only shows once and then nags you every day.
I expect that in spite of this being a nice program, it's more trouble than it's worth, and I like the security of an online task/appointment book so if my computer ever crashes, I don't lose all my data.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content