CNET Editors' review
For some professionals, keeping track of what's going on in the workplace is as simple as using the calendar and to-do list in Microsoft Outlook. For others, there are numerous employees, clients, projects, tasks, and details that need to be managed. Easy Tracker 2009 Enterprise - Time & Billing Manager is a comprehensive project management tool that gives both employees and supervisors the tools they need to keep track of what needs to be done and the time spent doing it.
Easy Tracker is actually comprised of a suite of applications, including the Pro and Lite versions and a TopBar. The Lite version lets users create and track projects and tasks, view assignments, manage rates and billing, and keep track of how their time is spent. The Pro version is more comprehensive and is designed for use by supervisors; in addition to Easy Tracker Lite's features, this is where new users and clients can be added, assignments can be delegated, and time sheets can be approved. Both versions feature a variety of different charts, including Gantt charts, that show project progress. The Easy Tracker TopBar is a discreet, movable toolbar that lets users start, stop, and pause the program's timer feature, making it easy to track how much time is being spent on particular tasks. The program's interface is attractive, melding well with the most recent versions of Microsoft Office, and for the most part it's well-organized and easy to navigate. It will likely take new users a little while to get acquainted with the program's many features, but the built-in Help file is well-written and thorough. Overall, we think that Easy Tracker 2009 Enterprise is a great choice for any organization that has multiple projects and employees and that it has the potential to greatly simplify the process of time tracking and billing.
Easy Tracker 2009 Enterprise - Time & Billing Manager installs and uninstalls without issues, but it does require the installation of the Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine. We recommend this program to all users.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of Easy Tracker 2009 Enterprise - Time & Billing Manager 5.2. The trial version is limited to 30 days trial only.
Easy Tracker is a full-featured time and expense tracking suite designed specifically for project management, schedule notification, expense management and work measurement. Basing on SQL Server database, it suits teams and companies specially. Easy Tracker Enterprise is composed of several applications, while the most important are Pro and Lite. The Pro is the management center of project, task, client, resource and other related items. It provides convenient task assignment method, powerful reporting functions, simple approve process and useful analysis charts.
What's new in this version: Version 5.2 fixes the bug: cannot save preferences in the Preferences view of Easy Tracker Lite.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Increase billable hours using time tracking & project managemen...
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Track time and log expenses for up to 50 employees.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Log your activity in the background to produce invoice reports ...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Monitor and manage schedules and tasks.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Manage all your projects, clients, and working hours.
- Track your work hours.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Keep track of employees' timesheets and project costs.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Manage and track your tasks and plans.
- Allow you to track computer usage in your office.
- Track employee time spent on different projects.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Create custom time sheets for employees.