CNET Editors' review
Secure Behavior: ESET NOD32 AV will verify to see that your Windows machine is up to date. In addition, it performs an initial full scan to cache and save information about your files in order to reduce redundant scans and speed up scan times in the future. "AV-Comparatives" also displayed strong scores -- including a 98.8 percent detection rate -- for ESET in its Sep. 2013 report.
Stable Design: NOD32 intuitively orders its core features by importance and usability, while still retaining secondary features like real-time monitoring and statistics tucked under Tools for power users. The Tools dashboard displays critical bits of info. like quarantine stats and scheduled tests next to their respective tools. It's not a flashy dashboard by any means, but it eliminates the need for users to constantly go in and out of menus for individual stats. It's an appreciated attention to detail for its users. The container, itself, is also relatively responsive.
Educational: ESET goes the extra mile to create a whole educational course on best safe Internet practices. Though it's online only, awareness and education is one of the most effective ways to prevent mistakes that may lead to data compromises.
Not Tablet friendly: Surface or touch-based laptop users probably won't find the interface too pleasing on the fingers.
ESET doesn't try anything revolutionary in terms of overall format and design; since version 5, it's been critically acclaimed as light on resources, strong in protection -- and version 7 is no different. Despite what you may think about its conservative approach, ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 still ranks higher in performance and protection than most average competitors. Though it may not be the highest, it does make up for it with an easier overall user experience without skimping on other important features. When it comes to safety in social media, we're always under the impression that user education and vigilant awareness of what and where you post trumps any automated tool, but it doesn't hurt to have a second opinion. ESET claims that the new built-in Specialized Cleaner should help remove more complex and stubborn infections, though we weren't able to test this just yet. If you're in the market for a new security program or possibly thinking of switching, then give ESET NOD32 AV a try.ESET Nod32 Antivirus - Protect your PC from viruses and spyware - Download Video Previews:
Fast award-winning antivirus allows you to confidently explore online. ESET NOD32 Antivirus features new advanced technology that protects against threats as well as browser and application exploits. Anti-Phishing module protects you from fake websites trying to acquire your personal information. The new Social Media Scanner extends security to your Facebook and Twitter accounts by checking for malicious content. Included Cybersecurity Training teaches you tips and techniques to make your online experience safer through a series of online educational modules.
What's new in this version: Version 7.0.302.26 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Provide all-in-one Internet security with anti-theft and social...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Stop viruses and spyware automatically before they reach your c...
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Diagnose various aspects of your operating system, including ru...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses, spyware, and identi...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Display a longhorn system tray clock.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Get full antimalware protection in a silent, non-intrusive way ...
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 869 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Still the best to me"
Version: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 7.0.302.26
I have been using Nod32 for the 3rd year and I just renewed my license. I tried Avira, Avast, GData and then Nod32. Never had a problem with Nod32 and running it on 2 PCs (Vista and XP), plus on my dad's (Win 8). Very light on resources. Tech support is very fast. I contacted them 3-4 times and always got a quick response. I don't understand complaints from some users...GData was also great but so heavy.
Only cons I can think of is sometimes when it detects a menace, you will have to delete it manually. But otherwise, that's all.
"The worst antivirus I have ever tried"
Version: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 7.0.302.26
none this sucks
it sucks. I deleted from computer and its still here. Can't find where files are hidden.
Stay away!!!1Well I finally googled it and found out that if you do not use their uninstaller, you will not completely uninstall this trashy AV. Like a bad case of the clap it still will hang around your computer and conflict with any other AV you try to install. I had to go to ESET's website(something I vowed to never do again) and go through a very complicated procedure to finally get this piece of garbage off my computer. Thank the lord. Don't be fooled, stay away, you have been warned!!!!!!
Updated on Jan 21, 2014