CNET Editors' review
The default file control on Android seems attractive, but it's definitely not as useful as a custom explorer. ES File Explorer is almost the exact opposite. The file explorer lets you see everything on your gadget in a menu that mimics the way you'd look at files on your computer. It's not very pretty to look at, though.
When you open the ES File Explorer app for the first time, it gives you a few tips for navigating. Those aren't really necessary since the app puts everything right in front of you. It doesn't just display your files, but your apps and other system info, too. Tapping on anything launches a menu that allows you to delete, open or edit your stuff right from the app. You can even tap the top menu of the app for easy navigation through the multiple windows and menus that the app can manage. The app's top bar is also where you can change the layout of your files, which will come in handy. That's because the app, for all of its power, has a very uninspired layout. It sacrifices form for maximum function, so it looks cheesy at best and dated at worse. This app supports a variety of languages, which gives it a nice touch.
If you can deal with the mediocre layout, you probably won't find a more powerful file explorer. It gives you complete control over your files just like your computer has. Everything is simple to find and even easier to use.
ES File Explorer is a free, featured all-in-one file manager, application manager, task killer, cloud storage (Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, Box.net, Sugarsync, Yandex, Amazon S3) client, ftp client, and samba client which explores the pictures, music, video, document and other files on your phone and your computer. It allows android users anywhere in the world to manage their resources for free, you can see all your files in one device, so you can access them from anywhere and share them with others, it makes easy to manage, stay connected using your 3G, EDGE or Wi-Fi, and share with friends, upload photos, watch videos. ES File Explorer currently supports 24 languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Hebrew, Greek, Polish, Vietnamese, Portuguese (Br), Portuguese (Pt), Slovak, Serbian, Turkish, Czech, Swedish.
What's new in this version: 1)Gesture has more options
3)Box.net upgrade to new API
4)Pick_file intent for developer
5)Add more languages
More Products to Consider
- Clean cache, unused files, privacy history and app packages on ...
- Protect your mobile device with both anti-theft and antivirus.
- Turns your android phone into a Wi-Fi analyzer!!.
- Provide one-stop solution for mobile security and performance.
- Wifi Free gives you information about all nearby WiFi spots - b...
- Free,Featured File manager & Appmanager & taskkiller which expl...
- Kill unnecessary apps and running tasks.
- Backup all your apps, market links, and remove bloatware from y...
- Install apps from your SD card on Android 2.0+ phones.
- Turns your Android device into a WiFi or Bluetooth universal re...
- Bring Window 8 Taskbar to your Android.
- Save Battery,Free Memory,Kill Task,Uninstall App,Speed up the p...
- Answer your call without even touching your Android phone.
- Use Kitchen Menu to create a daily menu of your meals. Eat bett...
- Vpn One Click protects your privacy online and unlocks all bloc...
- 7Zipper help you to browse SDCard,copy,move,delete,rename,zip,u...
- Keep the software on your Windows computer up-to-date and runni...
- Play all your favorite mobile apps on PC.
- Over 300 Dirty Limericks (not for the faint of heart!!!).
- Clean up and regain precious memory on your Android device.
- 1400+ Funny Statuses.
- Download and update all your Windows drivers, back them up, and...
- Wake Up Alarm Clock Main Features 5 great App Widgets. Shake, w...
- Free your Icons!.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content