CNET Editors' review
Daisho provides you with a datebook you can access anytime from any computer. This highly detailed calendar and organizational system has an impressive collection of options for busy people, however it is somewhat time-intensive to master.
Users who are familiar with Microsoft's Outlook program will find many of Daisho's features familiar. Traditional options that make choreographing daily life easier are here, such as setting up meetings, reminding users about important phone calls, e-mailing meeting reminders, and managing a contact list.
This free 30-day trial also provides some interesting details that many casual users may not find useful, but others may see as essential. Within the Contacts there are places to input where the user met a person and how they are associated, which may prove useful for users with enormous contact lists. Another unique aspect is the Radar, which maps future appointments into a radar screen for quick forecast of which days will be busiest in the near future.
While Daisho provides a great deal of services, it may take getting used to. The main navigation screen is cluttered and confusing, making practically nothing intuitive. Luckily, the Help menu has an incredibly detailed guide. Another issue is its promised compatibility with USB sticks, allowing it to transfer from computer-to-computer. We did not attempt this option, but had difficulty finding options to perform the task or information about how to do it when searching Help.
Although it may take a large chunk of the 30-day trial to figure out Daisho's many options, users willing to put in the time might find it to be the comprehensive organizational system they need.
From Daisho Blacksmith:
Daisho is the integrated productivity tool for professionals: goal-, time- and task-management, contact management with CRM features, email client and Skype integration. Synchronization with Smartphones (e.g. iPhone, Android, Symbian) via SyncML-Server. Runs from USB stick on Windows, Mac and Linux--one license is valid for all platforms. Daisho has a special Netbook Mode for small screens. DAISHO is designed from ground up to help professionals to master the challenges of working in the 21st century: working in projects, for various clients, with high time pressure: * The integrated goal- and time and task management combines your daily business tasks with mid- and long-term planning. Stay focused by budgeting your time according your main work areas and according to your goals, ensure you reach your goals by defining the tasks to reach each goal and milestone. * On the contact management side, you can keep track of the contact history with every person, and the innovative contact radar let's you identify the people in your personal contact network you should refresh your relation with. * Install Daisho on an USB stick and launch it from there, and you can work on any PC without the need for local installation. * The email client uses labels and labels based filters to organize your emails without the needs to assign an email to one folder only. You can define work environments with specific settings for email accounts to use and different network connection needs. * The dashboard perspective with the quick note taking feature and the contact quick list gives you all the information you need on one integrated view. * You can synchronize your contacts, calendar entries and tasks between Daisho and any SyncML-compliant mobile phone (SyncML apps for iPhone and Android available by various vendors) using either the DAISHOsync SyncML server or other SyncML based server.
What's new in this version: Daisho 4.1.2 allows synchronisation with mobile devices (e.g. iPhone, Android, Symbian) via SynCML-servers. A dedicated SyncML app on the device might be required.
More Products to Consider
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Manage any mobile phone from the PC via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or ca...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Convert between different units on PC.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Enter transactions and balance checkbooks.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Manage credit card usage to stay within your credit limit.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Balance your checkbook with financial software that runs from y...
- Eliminate your credit card debt and consumer loans using popula...
- Manage your credit cards securely from flash drive.
- Convert Julian, Gregorian, and Dee calendar dates and do date a...
- Manage and organize your contacts.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Edit text codes with syntax highlighting and code folding.
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Edit text codes with syntax highlighting and code folding.
- Perform simple as well as complex mathematics related calculati...
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 20 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Keep control of your business anytime - anywhere"
Version: Daisho 4.1.2
Very intuitive way to handle your projects. Portable, so you always can take your projects and contacts with you - no unsecure cloud software. Easy to learn - quite good pricing. The time management is very helpful to improve your working time usage.
Right now I'm missing some kind of team / group functionality in order to improve collaboration.
As a freelancer in terms of software development I've been looking for the right tool in order to manage my projects. I've been using Outlook quite a while - but somehow it always doesn't fit. So someday I found DAISHO and since then it became my favourite tool for my business. Since I'm a lot out of office at my customers I wanted to have a portable solution. I know that there are several cloud solutions out there, but for me I don't want to give out the project's and customer's data to someone else, I mean this is the value of my business. The best thing is the contact radar which helps me not to lose my relations. The time management helps me through the week in order to make the best out of my working time.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content