CNET Editors' review
Ever see an address online, in an e-mail, or in some other document that you'd like to quickly add to your address book? ContactCopy lets you do just that, without the tedious process of copying, opening another application, pasting, and formatting. This handy little utility makes the process of capturing contact information almost effortless.
The program's interface is small and unobtrusive; it can be minimized to the system tray as an icon, or users can keep a small toolbar floating on their screen. Using the program is incredibly easy; simply highlight the information you want to grab, click "Get Selection" on the toolbar or "Process selected text" from the icon menu, and the program opens an address book-style template that lets users edit and add to the entry. For example, we captured a street address from our Internet browser, and were then able to add a name, phone numbers, company information, e-mail address, and Web address. The program can then export the new listing to Outlook, Outlook Express, Excel, Dynamics CRM, Palm Desktop, or Lotus Notes. The app has detailed options menu that lets you customize the way that ContactCopy parses information, and you can set a hot key to use with the program to make it completely unobtrusive. The program's built-in Help file is well-written and thorough. Overall, we think ContactCopy is a great way to save time and energy by automating the process of capturing contact information.
ContactCopy installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of ContactCopy 18.104.22.168. The trial version is limited to 30 days trial only.
With ContactCopy, you select contact information such as name, address, phone number and email address in any application. With just a keystroke you copy all data to your contact database in Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express or Palm Desktop. You can avoid typing errors when transferring important personal information such as email addresses, phone and fax numbers or postal addresses.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- View and print PowerPoint presentations.
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- View mail messages easily.
- Create sacrament agendas, notification letters for talks, Sunda...
- Manage your task, appointments, and contacts on PC.
- Add new shortcuts to your send to menu.
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Schedule reminders from the taskbar.
- Get the number of unread items you have at various google servi...
- Clean up duplicate files on your hard drive or corporate networ...
- Organize your recipes, plan meals, prepare grocery lists, creat...