CNET Editors' review
Ever see an address online, in an e-mail, or in some other document that you'd like to quickly add to your address book? ContactCopy lets you do just that, without the tedious process of copying, opening another application, pasting, and formatting. This handy little utility makes the process of capturing contact information almost effortless.
The program's interface is small and unobtrusive; it can be minimized to the system tray as an icon, or users can keep a small toolbar floating on their screen. Using the program is incredibly easy; simply highlight the information you want to grab, click "Get Selection" on the toolbar or "Process selected text" from the icon menu, and the program opens an address book-style template that lets users edit and add to the entry. For example, we captured a street address from our Internet browser, and were then able to add a name, phone numbers, company information, e-mail address, and Web address. The program can then export the new listing to Outlook, Outlook Express, Excel, Dynamics CRM, Palm Desktop, or Lotus Notes. The app has detailed options menu that lets you customize the way that ContactCopy parses information, and you can set a hot key to use with the program to make it completely unobtrusive. The program's built-in Help file is well-written and thorough. Overall, we think ContactCopy is a great way to save time and energy by automating the process of capturing contact information.
ContactCopy installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of ContactCopy 220.127.116.11. The trial version is limited to 30 days trial only.
With ContactCopy, you select contact information such as name, address, phone number and email address in any application. With just a keystroke you copy all data to your contact database in Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express or Palm Desktop. You can avoid typing errors when transferring important personal information such as email addresses, phone and fax numbers or postal addresses.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- View mail messages easily.
- Compress multiple spaces, adjust lines, and remove unwanted mar...
- Add new shortcuts to your send to menu.
- Organize and store medical records of your patients.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Use secure and spamless e-mail system.
- Get the number of unread items you have at various google servi...
- Clean up duplicate files on your hard drive or network, find du...
- Manage your addresses and phone numbers.
- Keep track of multiple email accounts.
- Scan your Registry and hard drive for spyware.