CNET Editors' note: The download button opens the iTunes App Store, where you may continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed with an active iTunes account in order to download and install the software. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
CloudOn lets you add Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, and several other apps to your iPad through the use of cloud computing. CloudOn also lets you use your cloud storage accounts to handle your files. It installs easily.
CloudOn provides access to a clouded workspace with applications such as Microsoft Office. You can use CloudOn to edit Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files on your iPad. You can also access your cloud storage accounts, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and others for file storage from the workspace. With Adobe Reader and File Viewer also installed on the workspace, you can see almost every file type available. While you need to have decent connectivity to take advantage of the workspace remotely from your iPad, this is a viable solution when you're traveling or away from your main computers and need to access or modify files quickly.
We used CloudOn for a while in testing (you need to set up an account, obviously). We did experience some issues with CloudOn crashing on occasion, without any common cause, but hopefully this will be addressed quickly. The ability to quickly access our Dropbox account and edit a Word document on the iPad was fantastic, and the ability to then e-mail that modified file to others makes this an ideal tool for quick, on-demand work when all you have available is your iPad.
Unleash your productivity. CloudOn makes Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) files more accessible and useful on your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch letting you edit documents, spreadsheets and presentations from anywhere with all the functionality you need.You can also connect to your Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and SkyDrive account(s), and share files with colleagues and contacts via email directly from the app.With over 6 million downloads, CloudOn has helped business professionals create, review & edit over 48 million documents, spreadsheets, presentations and log more than 7 million mobile productivity hours.With CloudOn you can:CREATE, REVIEW and EDIT docs Create, review and edit Microsoft Word docs, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations on an iPad or your iPhone. Rich editing and creation on your mobile devices - insert charts, images, equations, SmartArt, clipart, tables, shapes. Beautiful documents - format fonts, paragraphs, styles, themes and layout. Quickly review docs - spelling and grammar, track changes, comments, annotations and rich markup. Analyze and visualize - view and create charts (including pivot, bar, line, area etc), add formulas, filter and build rich spreadsheets and workbooks Make your presentations spiffy - rich themes and colors. Add convenience to presenting from your mobile device - Microsoft Powerpoint presentations with animations and transitions timed to the second 100% compatibility with Office files - open, edit and (auto) save Word files, Excel spreadsheets and Powerpoint presentations without worrying that they will breakACCESS and MANAGE files Seamlessly connect with and access Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat documents in your cloud storage provider account(s), including Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and SkyDrive. Open documents, spreadsheets and presentations from your email accounts as well as Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and SkyDrive on tablets and phones. Organize your files - Copy, paste, delete, rename and move files across folders. Sit back and relax - all your files and docs are saved automatically giving you the comfort that you won't lose your data. View virtually any file type, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and Images: DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, PDF, JPG, PNG, GIF.SHARE docs No more versions - work on the same doc with colleagues. Use the FileSpace to add context to your work - view all the activity on any given doc including edits, actions, and notes.CloudOn - we bring your documents to life.
What's new in this version: A helpful heads-up: New FileSpace notifications keep you aware of the latest edits, actions and messages on a file, so you have the information you need, when you need it. Fewer bugs, more stability.
More Products to Consider
- World's most popular VPN with over 150 million downloads. Try i...
- Simplify your mobile life. Let Dolphin do all the work so you d...
- I'm a little "just for fun" hobby developer and this is my firs...
- +++300MB VPN data for FREE!+++Best Online Game Accelerator+++Ac...
- Calculate your loans on your iPhone.
- What's new in this version: The function of WEBDAV is enhanced ...
- Never miss another course, lecture and lab, track tasks and dea...
- Yorkshire Bank Mobile App helps you manage your accounts when a...
- Hightail for iPhone and iPad makes it easy to access and share ...
- Mercury is a fast and elegant web browser for iPad, iPhone and ...
- This App has been created with professionals and business owner...
- Create, edit, and view documents on the go.
- How many times do you send the same texts to the same people?Wr...
- An simple and effective app to manage your budgets, quickly to ...
- Banking with Axis Bank is just a touch away now with Axis Mobil...
- + Create and edit Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx) and Open Offi...
- BitcoinData provides a variety of tools and charts, including f...
- Turn any Smartphone into a Scanner with CamScanner for Intellig...
- A well polished file storage and sharing tool for iPad. Now you...
- OptionSmarter is a Binary Options Mobile platform which is offe...
- The Plaid Avenger comic series, now on the iPad!The Plaid Aveng...
- WiChat is a fast, full-featured Bonjour IM client designed for ...
- This powerful App has been developed by the team at Carters Acc...
- A well polished file storage and sharing tool for iPad. Now you...
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Help is at hand"
Version: CloudOn 5.0.5
Word, Spreadsheet, presentation available on the fly
no windows app yet
A great idea that works well. Cloud on allows me to keep track of the multiple cloud-spaces that I use for work. The addition of access to Word, Spreadsheet & presentation allows to to work on the fly when sitting at a desktop is not easy to fit into a busy day.
"A good start"
Version: CloudOn 4.0.1
Full Excel on the iPad
Slow and jerky. some buttons (like selecting options on pivot tables) are crazy small. Auto-save feature cannot be turned off, so any wayward keystroke while reviewing data will be saved, like it or not.
I like the fact that I can now read cell comments in excel, and review pivot tables on the go, but it is so challenging sometimes, that it can only be used as a last chance option.
"Great app for users with multiple cloud accounts"
Version: CloudOn 3.0.0
Familiar MS Office interface, simple to setup, easy switching between my cloud accounts (Skydrive, Google Drive, Dropbox)
Slow. Hope they work on this in the future
"Useful but slow"
Version: CloudOn 2.5.1
Just like office.
The editing and reading is very slow for me on ipad 2. How can I make it faster?
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content