From Rob Latour:
CallClerk Caller ID Software lets you know who is calling on the phone in more ways then you may have thought possible. Use it as an answering machine, fax to immediately e-mail you when you get a call (attaching the caller's message or fax). CallClerk can update a Web Page giving you access to your directory, calls, messages, and faxes from virtually anywhere. If you use MS Outlook, CallClerk can pop-up the caller's Outlook contact card and an associated Outlook Journal entry. It can help screen your calls by showing you caller id info, announcing the caller's name and sounding a distinctive ring. It also automatically hangs-up on unwanted callers (like telemarketers). In addition Internet reverse number look-ups and other programs can be run as a new call arrives.
What's new in this version: Version 4.3.3 adds the ability to pass caller information into other programs as if you were typing it in.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Schedule programs, scripts, and other tasks to start automatica...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Use the information provided easier, using less time.
- Calculate your auto loan using variable rates, taxes, and other...
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
All versions:4.1 stars
out of 27 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
"The best of the bunch, Rob did a great Job."
Version: CallClerk 5.3.4
Very configurable. I am using it on a 10 year old XP Home Premium HP Pavilion laptop with a built-in modem. I wiped the hard drive and installed a fresh factory image on the HD then stripped out the extra junk and applied service packs up through 3 and latest updates. CallClerk took to this computer like a fish to water,
everything works GREAT. I love being able to customize the blocking message with the three tones. I use a phone company "Not In Service" message that I found on the net followed by that very annoying fast busy. Works great to get rid of CARD SERVICES and all the other pest and scam callers that ignore the do-not-call list. I also started using it on those political calls to.
None that I have observed. I have been using it for over a month now.
I originally bought the Digitone call blocker. It works fine but has a very limited memory for amount of numbers that it will block. I looked at the Panasonic wireless phones with the built-in call blocker but didn't want to spend that much money. CallClerk walks on water by comparison to them. There are so many features that initial setup might confuse some. Play with it a bit and all becomes clear.
"This software absolutely works; thank goodness it does!"
Version: CallClerk 5.2.1
Easy to use and Rob LaTour the author offers unbelievable free, customized support-very responsive. It works with a Hiro USB modem using only Hiro's driver and not Windows' driver and each call that comes in gets marked friendly, unfamiliar, or blocked. Customized answering is possible for all three calls including a disconnect tone and faxes and voice messages are emailed right away. I never miss a call anymore and my phone rings with calls from people *I* want to hear from. The spammers are calling somebody else right now and that suits me. Peace at last. The Do Not Call list does not work. CallClerk does. I am 100% satisfied.
I don't really see any worth mentioning. The software works, is powerful in its options, lets you receive messages and faxes. It works and while using it presents a short learning curve, over time its flexibility with options is appreciated.
Get it. It works. Spammers can't get through. As you start marking your numbers, your phone won't ring but once as a spam call comes in with its caller id info and after a few weeks, spam calls will stop period. Rob will light a match, clap his hands, and stomp his feet to give you service-refreshing and really unparalleled support from the author. For those few negative reviews, I don't know why they say the software doesn't work unless they are trolling. It works, period and it's relatively inexpensive solution in a world where caller id boxes have limited number of blocks. Your blocking becomes infinite. Do Not Call list does not work. CallClerk does.
"The best business solution I've found so far"
Version: CallClerk 4.2.4
All the options to meet the needs from personal to business use.
Use with smart phones.
Database for logging and retiving repetitive service calls.
Outstanding personal attention to needs for custom requests!
great price and free upgrades
if anything too many options...but can be turned off if not needed
Purchased the software to eliminate the need for pagers for on call service techs.
Rob provided personal one on one help to customize the software to meet my needs which is unheard of these days.
After a few calls for help we had it working flawlessly and dont know what we would do without it now.
If you have a small to medium business that provides service after hours this software is a must!
If anyone claims this software does not work they are crazy!
"The best call filtering software, period."
Version: CallClerk 4.1.5
Most compatible with modems. Easiest to configure. Stores incoming messages. Rings on your PC speaker optionally upon receiving a call. Plays one .wav file of your choice to pests and disconnects the pest after no more than two rings.
So many options available that the menu looks a bit cluttered and could use better organization. The help documentation is not comprehensive in all cases. Only .wav files may be used as answering machine messages, not .mp3.
Never have to deal with phone pests again. Ever. Period. Achieve total control over your telephone line.
It is better than all other competing programs, and yes, I have tried all of the free ones and all of the trial versions. Call Clerk is worth $350 and is a bargain at $35. Some of the negative reviewers here are obvious shills put forward by competitors. What they have written about Call Clerk is not true.
Call Clerk is head and shoulders above its competitors. I cannot believe that people are actually bothering with other programs when this one is so obviously superior in every way. I spent forty hours evaluating all of the programs on CNET and many other file venues and this one was the best. That is why I bought it and became a registered user.
I was having trouble with my phone line because telemarketers and other pests were calling on a regular basis, hanging up or leaving canned messages on the answering machine. I considered changing my phone number, but instead installed Call Clerk on one of my rigs. Well, all my phone trouble is over now thanks to Call Clerk. Pests don't call as much either, because they learned what happens.
First, I disabled all the ringers on my telephones, leaving only the PC speaker on, so that Call Clerk controls whether a ring is announced. Pests are not announced. Pests are disconnected after two rings. They are given a message to the effect that they are the scum of the earth and their illegal actions are being logged. Friends are permitted four rings, and then given a friendly message and permitted to leave a message for up to two minutes.
The thing about Call Clerk is it just works. Other products don't. Other products have limited functionality. They let everyone leave a message, even pests. They don't have call filtering capability. Or they won't allow the user to change the outgoing message or the ring tone. What I like about Call Clerk is that it is fully configurable. The menu is not perfect, no. The documentation could use a fair amount of editing as well. I wouldn't say it is easy to customize, but once you customize it, you're done forever.
Every PC in the world should have Call Clerk installed by default. It is more valuable than Microsoft Office. It is more useful than Microsoft Office. Everyone needs it, and everyone should have it.
If you think you don't need it, just wait until your phone # gets on somebody's list and they start calling you every single day and hanging up or leaving unpleasant and unwanted messages. It will happen to you or someone you love eventually. Then you will be in the market for Call Clerk. Or else you will call the phone company and get your # changed, and then inconvenience all your friends and lose contact with some people. The choice is yours. Install and pay a measly $35 for Call Clerk, or pay the phone company $60 to change your number and then make a hassle for all your friends.
Version: CallClerk 4.1.5
this software suck it wont work at all
don't waste your money on this software mark my word.
1 to 10 and 10 is the highest -5
"It answers the line, but no messages are saved."
Version: CallClerk 3.1.4
Lots of settings for good customization.
1. No messages that were left were actually recorded.
2. The Outlook setup found all contact databases including backups and transfer databases for my palm software and Plaxo. When it popped-up my contacts there were lots of windows opened and when I tried to deselect the erroneous databases in Outlook settings page, the refresh method momentarily disabled the interface and then restored the check next to the item I was trying to disable. Checking the log there were errors about being unable to change "(" to boolean.
3. It continued to display caller as unknown even after it found matching Outlook items.
4. Help files are inadequate.
"Great Program - Very Customizable"
Version: CallClerk 3.1.4
Does everything I want and more. My 2 favorite features are...
1. You can have the program set up so it will immediately do a reverse lookup on Google or any internet reverse directory service you choose.
2. I have it set to email me every number that calls. In Outlook, I have a filter set up so there's a folder with a email record of who called when.
Version: CallClerk 3.0.7
It supports a lot of ways to notification. You will never miss any calls.
Version: CallClerk 3.0.6
It supports notification via phone call so i choose it.
Version: CallClerk 3.0.6
There're many other software but i choose this because it support lot of ways of notification. Good sotfware.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content