From Lookout Software:
"Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment ..." If you get this message when attempting to access an Outlook email attachment you'll want to install Attachment Security for Outlook; a free program for unlocking attachments blocked by Outlook.
Attachment Security for Microsoft Outlook is a free and easy to use software program that allows you to open attachments blocked by Microsoft Outlook e-mail security.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Add licensing, copy-protection, and activation capabilities to ...
- Configure MS Outlook to unblock attachments.
- Use the same key to encrypt and decrypt the message.
- Open attachments blocked by Microsoft Outlook e-mail security.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Recover passwords for email, news accounts and Identities.
- Stay alarmed about including all participants of the conversati...
- Block spam, viruses, spyware and phishing attempts before they ...
- Monitor Outlook attachments if it is safe or unsafe to open.
- Promote admin privileges for applications, software installs, a...
- Protect your Outlook inbox from spam.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Csn't get rid of NAG SCEEN, uninstall a mystery"
Version: Attachment Security for Outlook 1.0
Delighted to find this program to easily un-block attachments that I need to send and receive (and even store in an appointment or contact).
Pops up a nag screen every time you start Outlook--free registration. But it DOESN'T WORK. I could fill in the form as many times as I liked, but I never received an email as indicated. Sometimes it seemed like it would work, sometimes it just blew my info out and I had to enter it again (will not even accept drag-and-drop from Roboform). THERE IS NO UNINSTALL and it doesn't show up in the add-ins within Outlook.
DO NOT INTALL! EXTREMELY annoying.See Knowledge base article:
Better off manually editing registry. You can find step-by-step instructiions online. Now I am going to uninstall OUTLOOK and reinstall to see if I can get rid of it.
I am wondering exactly where (if anywhere) my info has been going...
Updated on Jul 15, 2012
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829982 for instructions to remove attachment security manually.