CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page. You can download the application in the Android Market from your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
AK Notepad for Android is your basic, bare-bones notepad app. The interface is clean, and using it couldn't be simpler. Open up the program and click "Add note" to get started. Once you're done typing away, you can set a reminder alarm for the note, or share it via any of your device's installed applications (Twitter, Facebook, SMS, Gmail, and so on). To prioritize a note, just pin it to your Home screen for one-touch access.
The Settings screen lets you tinker with fonts, font size, and horizontal line display. And if you use the reminder alarms often, you can change the ringtone or, for supported devices, the color of the notification light. AK Notepad also has a few extras for the power scribblers out there, including hash tag support (AK Notepad calls them Labels) for easier searching later, password lock, and syncing to the cloud if you have a Catch.com account.
One thing we would have liked was the ability to create checklists. Making lists is such a common use for mobile notepad apps, it's a wonder that it wasn't built right in. Other than that, we think AK Notepad is a solid option for anyone looking for a bare-bones note-taker without any bells or whistles.
With AK Notepad for Android, you can write anything you want like a shopping list. Set a quick reminder for your note or share it to others by SMS or email. Access your note quicker by creating shortcut on your home screen. The notepad is customizable and simple to use.
What's new in this version: Version 2.2 includes new control bar, and easier Catch.com sign-up or sign-in.
More Products to Consider
- Create text, voice and paint notes and organize them into folde...
- Read Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files on Android devices.
- Create, view, and edit .DOC, .DOCX, .XLS, .XLSX, PDF and .TXT o...
- Create, view, edit, and share documents on android phone or tab...
- View PDFs on your Android smartphone as you would on your deskt...
- Carda The Widget.
- Write notes, email, message, shopping lists and todo lists.
- What is AVTECH EagleEyes-lite ?AVTECH EagleEyes-lite is a free ...
- Give yourself reminders for today, but make it really easy to p...
- Paytm brings you an awesome recharge experience on the move. No...
- Instantly supersize faces on your Android device.
- Calculate complex equations with this scientific calculator for...
- SuperCam is a professional mobile phone client software for dig...
- Avoid mobile radiation in real-time with tawkon. tawkon monitor...
- Access documents from virtually anywhere.
- Check Lost / Stolen / Blacklist / Barred iPhone IMEI In case yo...
- Get the yellow car out of the traffic jam.
- View, edit, and remotely access Microsoft Office documents, inc...
- Zombie Dash combines the timeless appeal of arcade games with s...
- Foodspotting is a visual guide to good food and where to find i...
- Push emails, sync conversations, integrate contacts, search, an...
- Look up prices and product reviews by scanning barcodes.
- Use your Netflix account to access streaming movies and TV Show...
- Prepare and read notes on your Android device.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"This is the one you really want"
Version: AK Notepad for Android 1.9.3
cut and paste
side loading (SD card) / sync not required for moving files to PC
forwarding to [G]mail / facebook / twitter / SMS
searching though files within the folder - pretty cool
tons of other options
can only import folders not files...this creates duplicate files
having two folder areas one in device memory, one on SD...
I guess this can be a backup???? Would this be a pro? Hmmm
This has everything that I was looking for. I really like to maintain text files to keep track of things and having the ability to move them to a PC (mounting the SD cards as a drive), edit them (on the device) and move them back is key. The only problem with this is the folder issue. I dislike getting around issues like this, but having a small amount of files in folders mitigate the impact...although still a PInTA.
The cut and paste feature is a little clunky, but the fact that I can do it is HUGE!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content