The Unofficial Triple J Now Playing App.
Find out what is playing on Triple J right now and save a list of favourite tracks for future reference. This is a very light weight app which utilizes the ABC XML data feeds.
If you have any questions about this app I'm always happy to work with you to get what you want! Please shoot me an email if something isn't working as expected or if you have a cool idea for something else to add.
- Artist and Title of the track Now Playing and Previously Played
- Program Info about the current Triple J Host (Eastern States Only)
- Simple Add to Favourites system
- Sharing of Favourites using the standard Android sharing tools
- Track History for digging up something played a little while ago
- Home screen widget for quick access
- Control over update frequency to balance functionality with data and battery
Recently Triple J contacted me requesting that change the name of the app and remove all official TripleJ logos and images. This includes the drums logo and the presenter images. So it still works as before but it's just a little bland now :(
**IMPORTANT NOTE: Please ensure that the Time Zone on your device is correct. The app depends on the correct time zone for your location. 99% of the time most people's time zone is automatically chosen by their network carrier but if you're experiencing problems with track accuracy then please check this setting on your device first before giving the app a 1 star rating.
**IMPORTANT NOTE: This app relies on the Triple J studio Feeds. Depending on the location of the broadcast studio, some Triple J hosts do not (or can not) update what is playing. This generally lasts until the next host takes over the next radio program in a different studio. (you'll be happy to know that this applies to the official Triple J iPhone app as well!)