The first systematized activities to be proposed with the Golden Beads, or in its digital representation here, are intended to make the student understand the relationships between the pieces and to understand the changes in the Decimal Numbering System.
The Golden Beads is one of the many materials devised by the Italian physician and educator Maria Montessori for working with mathematics.
Although specially designed for the work with arithmetic, the idealization of this material followed the same "montessorian" principles for the creation of any of its materials, sensory education:
- To develop independence, self-confidence, concentration, coordination and order in the child;
- Generate and develop concrete structured experiences to gradually lead to ever greater abstractions;
- Help the child to perceive the possible mistakes that he makes when performing a certain action with the material;
- Through the exchanges between the pieces, quantify and understand the numbering system: unit, tens and hundreds.
- Work with the child's senses.
Initially, the Golden Beads was known as the "Golden Score Material".
Here in its digital version created by BR-STEM, new possibilities were implemented to the material, such as:
- The possibility of determining maximum and minimum values to be drawn;
- Possibility to customize the colors of the pieces, as well as change the colors of the application background in general;
- Record of hits, errors and possibility to skip values in case of difficulty;
- Different languages allowing the use of the application in other languages;
...among other features that make this the best Gold Material application.
In order to contribute to the mathematical learning of several children, we hope that everyone will appreciate this application developed by the BR-STEM team.
PS.: If this app is useful to you, rate it here with 5 stars.
Shop your favorite products and we’ll find the best deal with a single click. Designed to make shopping easier.