smbMount is an smb:// url scheme handler for Mac OS X.
Since the Finder isn't an smb handler, you can't assign the Finder to open smb links from Firefox or Safari. smbMount will pass those links to the Finder using the "mount volume" Apple Event and they will open as in the "Connect to Server..." menu item. It will also handle the incorrect but popular SMB:// scheme. smbMount understands embedded usernames and passwords and will give those to the Finder.
What's new in this version:
- Now handles URLs with uppercased SMB scheme.
- Now handles URLs with embedded login info correctly.
More Products to Consider
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Make configuring your Apache Web Server, DNS, and FTP simpler.
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Send keyboard and mouse events to a remote machine and see the ...
- Remote control to manage Macs.
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Manage, update and maintain enterprise deployments of Apple dev...
- Command-line file transfer tool.
- Point-and-click your way through the package creation process.
- Mount remotely another Mac with full root access to it.
- Use just one tool to check (X)HTML, accessibility, spelling and...
- Version control system that uses SCM protocol.
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Get Daily Quotes of Steve Jobs right in to your Mac OS X Dashbo...
- Have every device on your network at your fingertips.
- Proxy server for web filtering.
- Display machines, Mac users, IPs on the local network.
- Easily test and measure the performance of your home or office ...