From Leonardo Re:
maComfort brings the Mac-experience to Windows, and makes it feel like a Mac. It is especially designed for users of both Operating Systems, which often change between Windows and Mac will love this app. It emulates the MAC key combinations for example, so that you will never have to adapt. Just keep using Apple-Q to quit and Apple-C to copy - no need to re-adapt to Ctrl-C! But there is much more to maComfort: You have now access to MAC features like Quicklook: Just select any file in Windows Explorer and hit space - and there's your Quicklook window. Also on board are other features like active corners. Just adapt your settings and when hitting a screen corner with your mouse it will do the selected action. Other mac-like features include Spaces, which brings virtual desktops to Windows in a great new way. To not get bored there is a theming system, so you can change the looks of the application.
What's new in this version: Version 1.7.1 is now Windows 8 compatible and adds new features and bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Make Windows look, feel, and function like any other operating ...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Set your keyboard layout according to your wishes.
- Download an interactive cartoon girl who lives and plays on you...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Save screenshots of your desktop to the clipboard or another ap...
- Extract files from DMG files on your Windows PC.
- Tool for putting useful actions onto f-keys (or any other keys ...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Hide your application windows with a hot key.
- Use the mouse middle button to pop up the Start menu, minimize ...
- Create and switch from one virtual desktop to another.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Create up to 9 additional virtual desktops.
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"DO NOT INSTALL - Full of spyware beware"
Version: maComfort 1.7.1
It looked promising
Both CNET download and download directly from the website contain numerous spyware programs and 'utilies'.
Even if you opt out of extras during installation, at least 3 other programs are still installed, in my case:
Browser search hijackers: browserbat or dosearches (depending on download source)
Bogus utilities: backup, optimizer or antivirus.
I thought the CNET downloads were pre-screened by a human user.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content