inSSIDer is a free Wi-Fi network scanner for Windows Vista and Windows XP. Because NetStumbler doesn't work well with Vista and 64-bit XP, we built an open-source Wi-Fi network scanner designed for the current generation of Windows operating systems. Inspect your Wi-Fi and surrounding networks. You can: Scan and filter hundreds of nearby access points. Troubleshoot competing access points and clogged Wi-Fi channels. Highlight access points for areas with high Wi-Fi concentration. Track the strength of received signals in dBm over time. Sort results by MAC Address, SSID, Channel, RSSI, Export Wi-Fi and GPS data to a KML file in Google Earth. Compatible with most GPS devices (NMEA v2.3 +).
What's new in this version: Version 220.127.116.11 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Provide secure VPN service to unblock websites and surf safely ...
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Share your desktop with another person via the Web.
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Add encryption and secure methods to your network files.
- Access files over TCP/IP network on PC.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and provide easy ac...
- Troubleshot and solve issues with your network on PC.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Turn your PC into a hot spot.
- Track Windows ARP cache without requiring a MAC address.
- Collect network inventory data and create customizable reports.
- Test and diagnose CAN/CANopen networks on PC.
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access your PC's screen remotely.
- Download all your facebook albums.
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Perform configuration and testing tasks for CAN/CANopen network...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 55 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Over estimating the signal strength"
Version: inSSIDer 18.104.22.168
Looks elegant and attracts new customer
I never found anything interesting with this piece of software. Being a RF engg. achieving a signal strength of -35dBM is not easy in home environment. I use windows 7, the signal strength in my laptop is just 2 bars and data rate is pretty low. I am almost like 20 Ft away the Netgear router and in between I have a couple of walls and curtain. inSSIDer shows me the strength of my router is -35dBM and fluctuates between -35dBM to -45 dBM when I move close to router.
Try a better software. This software under estimates or over estimates the result
"great for traveling, I find the best signals."
Version: inSSIDer 22.214.171.124
see the local wifi my neighbors have and change my channel for best isolation
start button is not required.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content