From tin:b Software:
Are you tired of having several remotes lying around in your living room? Do you want to use your iPhone or iPod touch instead? This and much more is possible with iRedTouch - in conjunction with an infrared (IR) transceiver module by IRTrans GmbH (www.irtrans.com).
HOW TO CREATE A REMOTE:
1. Make a photo of your remote, scan it, or even make a sketch of it
2. Copy the photo into iPhoto on the Mac, or into your Pictures folder on the PC
3. Use iTunes to transfer the photo into your mobile photo album
4. In iRedTouch choose the very photo as the touchable area of your new remote
5. Place the buttons on the screen, simply by tapping onto the photo
6. Teach the infrared signals to iRedTouch - a built-in assistant makes this easy
7. That's it!