CNET Editors' review
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall protects your Windows PC from intrusions and online threats. It's easy to use and works alongside your antivirus and other security tools, including many other firewalls. Its Auto-Learn feature conforms to your computer use. After you've allowed your frequently used apps, ZoneAlarm mostly works in the background, only appearing when something changes, like when you install a new program -- or some hacker tries to.
To install ZoneAlarm Free Firewall, you must opt for an IE toolbar and search provider (which keeps ZoneAlarm free of charge), though they uninstall with a click; or (like us) you could simply use a different browser. ZoneAlarm's setup process includes selecting optional AUTO-LEARN and MAX SECURITY modes, and the wizard does a good job of explaining both. When done, ZoneAlarm indicated its status in its system tray icon and a main console that also offered Tools and other features.
But that's just the first step with ZoneAlarm. For a while, its security pop-ups will appear frequently, including the first time you run your programs and when your antivirus and other software updaters try to access the Internet. You can click "Allow" or "Deny," as required, and check a box to have ZoneAlarm remember your choice. After a while, the pop-ups appear less frequently, but don't get lazy and reflexively click "Allow" each time! ZoneAlarm Free Firewall is effective and easy to use.Zonealarm Free Firewall - Protect your PC from online threats - Download Video Previews:
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall blocks viruses that antivirus alone misses, stops hackers attempting to break into your computer, and unlike the default Windows firewall, provides outbound firewall protection to stop spyware from phoning home and botnets from taking over your PC. ZoneAlarm Free Firewall is easy for anyone to use. It operates automatically, due to its powerful DefenseNet cloud service, so users are not interrupted with unnecessary alerts.
What's new in this version:
- New: Privacy Toolbar with Internet Explorer 11 support.
- Updated: UI minor adjustments.
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Protect your PC from various malicious threats with antivirus a...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Stop online threats without slowing down your PC.
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Stop viruses and spyware automatically before they reach your c...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your PC from hackers and intruders.
- Surround yourself with protection from viruses, spyware, fraudu...
- Protect yourself from online threats while improving your PC's ...
- Keep your PC protected from all Internet threats, never slowing...
- Get full antimalware protection in a silent, non-intrusive way ...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Remove and block all types of spyware and viruses on your compu...
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 3,449 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Avoid - Like the Plague! Will Hose Your System!"
Version: ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 13.0.208
Current Version - NONE Whatsoever!
Prior Version or 5 yrs ago - Great Firewall, which has since been destroyed!
Slows system way down!
And... is... Malware! You will not be able to uninstall using the Windows Uninstall app, or even 3rd party app. I even deleted all Checkpoint / ZA entries in Registry, and still couldn't get rid of it. Finally, found a link on Google to the Uninstall App in the ZA forums, which did the trick... but... it also deletes your LAN / Wifi adapter drivers, which you'll have to figure out how to reinstall using system recovery process. Cost me 4 or 5 hours of diagnosing and repairing system!
Garbage! DO NOT... I REPEAT... DO NOT run the risk of installing it! You will pay the price!