CNET Editors' review
YouMail's visual voice mail service adroitly blends voice message management in the cloud with an on-phone in-box for hands-on filing. After authorizing YouMail to handle your voice mails, you'll be able to view those messages in any order from the app's in-box. Contrast this to the traditional method of calling an access number, inputting your PIN, and listening to your messages in chronological order.
After a disappointingly rudimentary initial offering, YouMail has boned up on the navigation and activities that users can do online. It now has push notification for new messages, the ability to delete messages, and a new activities ribbon that lets you play, file, reply to, and forward messages. Also to its credit, YouMail for iPhone retains its flagship ability to personalize greetings to all or individual callers. You can record a new message from the phone and upload it into your master list of greetings. Being able to upload your phone contacts into your personal YouMail database so that YouMail can correctly recognize and identify callers is the time-saving icing on the cake.
The app makes upgrading to the premium voice-to-text transcription feature available from YouMail messages.
YouMail's service continues to works well. We recommend it to those looking for flexibility in how they listen to messages, but especially to business professionals or socialites who receive a steady stream of incoming messages.
Check your YouMail voicemail directly from your iPhone, not just from your computer or e-mail account. YouMail lets you see, play, read, manage, and easily share YouMail voicemail , right from your iPhone. You can even use your iPhone to record, change, and manage your greetings.
What's new in this version: Version 1.5 adds:
- Push Notifications
- Shake to Refresh
- Toggle Speaker/Handset
- Optimized Contacts Upload
- Slide to Delete
- Move multiple message at once
- Access to all YouMail Folders
- AutoPlay Messages
- Set Email/SMS alerts - voicemail and missed calls
- Reply SMS and Forward Email
- New YouMail color the experience
More Products to Consider
- Join live video chat rooms from all around the world.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Add a virtual webcam with various video effects to your video c...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Recover your email messages, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- Import .EML and .MSG files into MS Outlook preserving folder st...
- Extract e-mails from IncrediMail .imm files and save them to mu...
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Record and play calls from various instant messengers and Skype...
- Import Mac OS Entourage E-mails to Microsoft Outlook.
- Open, view, and extract data from TNEF-encoded messages.
- Receive audio and visual notification when you get new e-mail.
- Convert your non-Outlook e-mails and import them into Microsoft...
- Open and view PST format files without Microsoft Outlook.
- Block spam and unwanted e-mail before it gets to your computer.
- Read, view, open, convert and save the files on winmail.dat ema...
- Transfer mail archives from Mac OS to Outlook for Windows.
- Open EML file without Outlook Express.
- View, print, search, and convert MS Outlook .PST, .MSG, .EML, a...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Dump Visual Voicemail; duck Google Voice restrictions."
Version: YouMail (iPhone) 1.5
Been a YouMail user for a looong time now. The iPhone 1.5 version brings me just what I expect from this: easy to delete junk vm, "visual voicemail" and now push notifications. Can't ask for better.
I'd love to be able to record and assign VM greetings for contacts in the app itself, but that's minor.
Can't beat the price (free). Whereas Google Voice is sluggish and a bit awkward from a UI standpoint, YouMail is fun, fluid, and with 1.5, well integrated into the iPhone experience. So, while Apple/AT&T block Google Voice, and AT&T hamhandedly implements visual voicemail that sometimes works (and often doesn't), YouMail makes it smooth, easy, and efficient.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content