CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the iTunes App Store, where you must continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed in order to open the link, and you must have an active iTunes account to download the application. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
YouMail's visual voice mail service adroitly blends voice message management in the cloud with an on-phone in-box for hands-on filing. After authorizing YouMail to handle your voice mails, you'll be able to view those messages in any order from the app's in-box. Contrast this to the traditional method of calling an access number, inputting your PIN, and listening to your messages in chronological order.
After a disappointingly rudimentary initial offering, YouMail has boned up on the navigation and activities that users can do online. It now has push notification for new messages, the ability to delete messages, and a new activities ribbon that lets you play, file, reply to, and forward messages. Also to its credit, YouMail for iPhone retains its flagship ability to personalize greetings to all or individual callers. You can record a new message from the phone and upload it into your master list of greetings. Being able to upload your phone contacts into your personal YouMail database so that YouMail can correctly recognize and identify callers is the time-saving icing on the cake.
The app makes upgrading to the premium voice-to-text transcription feature available from YouMail messages.
YouMail's service continues to works well. We recommend it to those looking for flexibility in how they listen to messages, but especially to business professionals or socialites who receive a steady stream of incoming messages.
Check your YouMail voicemail directly from your iPhone, not just from your computer or e-mail account. YouMail lets you see, play, read, manage, and easily share YouMail voicemail , right from your iPhone. You can even use your iPhone to record, change, and manage your greetings.
What's new in this version: Version 1.6 includes support for iPod Touch, re-arranged settings, and optimized application startup.
More Products to Consider
- Stay on top of your Gmail easier with this fast and mobile inbo...
- Call landlines and mobile phones anywhere in the world for chea...
- Provide users with a better place to interact with others world...
- Enhance your student life.
- Talk to your friends and stay connected with them through calls...
- Send emails with multiple attachments using full capacity permi...
- Get the official Gmail experience for your iPhone, iPad, or iPo...
- Make calls and SMS for free.
- Send pictures to your friends from your iPhone.
- Watch your Ivideon Server cameras remotely over the Internet us...
- Make VoIP calls directly through the iPhone.
- Lets to type emails in Hebrew.
- Call, text, fax, and receive voicemail from your iPhone for low...
- Enhance your Web conference experience.
- Send emails using Arabic language on iPhone.
- Want to stay connected to JDate while youre on the go? Sign up ...
- StreamLine: the world's first iPhone App for the ShoreTel Phone...
- Kik Messenger is the totally free, crazy-fast cross-platform me...
- ALERT! Messenger is the ideal instant messaging application:* W...
- Check out our mention in the November issue of Playboy! Then, g...
- Allows you to predefine contacts into an email group on your ip...
- IScrollr allows large scrolling messages to be displayed. Ideal...
- Create customized emails on your iPhone.
- Phone Helper a simple offering that makes it easy to send telep...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Dump Visual Voicemail; duck Google Voice restrictions."
Version: YouMail (iPhone) 1.5
Been a YouMail user for a looong time now. The iPhone 1.5 version brings me just what I expect from this: easy to delete junk vm, "visual voicemail" and now push notifications. Can't ask for better.
I'd love to be able to record and assign VM greetings for contacts in the app itself, but that's minor.
Can't beat the price (free). Whereas Google Voice is sluggish and a bit awkward from a UI standpoint, YouMail is fun, fluid, and with 1.5, well integrated into the iPhone experience. So, while Apple/AT&T block Google Voice, and AT&T hamhandedly implements visual voicemail that sometimes works (and often doesn't), YouMail makes it smooth, easy, and efficient.