CNET Editors' review
Words With Friends is essentially an Android and iPhone alternative to the classic board game Scrabble. You can choose to play against a friend from your contact list, find a friend by username, play a random opponent, or pass-and-play with a friend on a single device.
Just as in the classic board game, you are given seven lettered tiles with which you must create words--vertically or horizontally--on the board. Your goal, with the help of scattered bonus squares, is to score more points than your opponent before the tiles run out. The great thing is that you can play at your own pace, and you can play several games simultaneously, either with friends or with random opponents from around the world. And there's a built-in chat function no matter whom you are playing with. The app will even notify you when it's your turn, unless, of course, you disable the option.
If you're a fan of classic Scrabble or word games in general, we highly recommend trying Words With Friends. While there are other, similar games available (Wordfeud, Scrabble for iPhone), Words With Friends is one of the most popular, meaning it has more users with whom you can play. On the other hand, we do think Words With Friends could use a built-in dictionary and perhaps a two-letter word list. While some Scrabble purists might scoff at the use of such tools, we happen to like them. Whatever your view on the matter, Words With Friends is still a worthwhile download. And because it features a different board layout from its competitors, you might just want to download all of them.
The #1 mobile word game Words With Friends Free is now available on Android. Play Words With Friends Free, the #1 mobile word game, with both your Android and iPhone/iPad-toting friends. Experience for yourself why millions of players are addicted to the word building, triple score seeking, chat bubble sending goodness of Words With Friends.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Play 450 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- 3d truck racing game.
- Create your own text adventures (interactive fiction).
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Play through a whole career of wrestling matches featuring a va...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1