CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
Known as one of the most powerful free blogging platforms on the Web, WordPress doesn't disappoint when it comes to its Android mobile app. It offers many of the tools that are available through the full Web interface, and it makes it easy to zip around your account, change settings, follow other blogs, and create new posts.
When you first download WordPress on your Android device, it gives you the choice to add your existing WordPress.com blog or your own self-hosted WordPress blog. If you don't have either set up yet, you can easily start a new WordPress account, right from the app. If you like, you can also have multiple blogs set up under a single WordPress account.
With the app's dead-simple interface, you can quickly get started posting with text, a photo, or a quick video. The post tool gives you a basic text editor with Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikethrough, and Hyperlink functionality, and it makes it easy to add images, change image size, and include captions. When you're all done with your content, you can add tags as needed, categorize your post, and even schedule publishing. While it would be nice to have more formatting options like list, text alignment, and text color, I don't think they are absolutely necessary. Since it's likely that most bloggers use the mobile app for quick and simple posts, the tools onboard now, are enough.
One thing I love about the WordPress app is the main dashboard, which lays out all of the most used WordPress functions. It includes shortcuts to create new posts or pages, take photos or video, adjust your settings, view comments, check stats, and read up on other WordPress blogs you're following. The screen is beautifully designed with intuitive icons, and it's easily accessible from a button on the top right.
Overall, WordPress for Android is a winner. It may be missing a few power features, but it still gives you a quick and easy way to access your WordPress account and publish posts while you're out and about. And in case you're wondering how the WordPress app compares with the Tumblr app, it's hard to say because the two services are so different. That said, if you don't know which blogging platform to choose, then your best bet is to compare them on the Web to see which one is a better fit in full size.
More Products to Consider
- Discover perfect applications to build your mobile life via And...
- Manage and share files wirelessly between WiFi enabled devices.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purpose
- FREE Calls to U.S. and Canadian phone numbers or to any magicJa...
- Share and stay connected with your friends with the Facebook fo...
- Meet new people, chat, play games, and have fun.
- Best & real Samsung Galaxy S4 ringtones App for free.
- Allow you to share your photos on Android device.
- This app is an Ask.Fm launcher with Facebook and Twitter.Ask.fm...
- Meet MILLIONS of single girls and guys at Skout for flirting, d...
- Free Voice and Video Calls!.
- Your robust and comprehensive voice chatting app.
- FREE unlimited text and picture messaging. Chat with your Faceb...
- Unblock sites and surf anonymously with your Android device.
- Sync with the people from your Android device.
- This new redesigned APK Installer/File Manager has been updated...
- Chat over VoIP or via instant messaging, share images and video...
- Kik Messenger.
- Store and share your files.
- Make new friends, send free voice, video and photo messages.
- Chat with your Yahoo friends from your Android device.
- Enables WiFi Hotspot on your Android phone without a Hotspot pl...
- Save and store all your user names and passwords in one place.
- Store and manage your passwords.
- Keep and manage your passwords in KeePass 2.x compatible databa...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content