Win7codecs packs contains a Settings Application to use in conjunction with your windows media center setup which will enable each user to choose different splitters and decoders for specific filetypes. The application will also allow you to choose from 10 different speaker configurations from 'same as input' and all the way up to full 7.1 channel output. Having the least amount on your system is the best configuration. This is exactly what these packages will do for you. You will no longer be restricted to using a specific player. Windows Media Player and Media Center will be able to play all your files.
What's new in this version: Version 4.1.3 has updated LAV filters 57 and BE filters 2734.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Get multiple codecs to play any movie or video clip.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Add watermarks to your videos.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Encrypt files and folders, send files over the Internet securel...
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Configuration Backup Tools.
- Convert general videos and HD videos to your desired HD formats...
- Clean unused files from your system.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Burn videos to DVD disc or generate ISO files.
- Kill windows media player or mplayer after desired timeout in m...
- Supply multiple codecs to your Windows 8 system.
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
All versions:2.8 stars
out of 11 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
"CRASHES WINDOWS - INSTALLS ADWARE"
Version: Win7codecs 3.3.5
None, find something else.
- Crashed Windows
- Installed random programs
- Changed my search settings
- Installed adware (toolbars, popups)
- Never worked
Find something else.
Version: Win7codecs 3.2.8
It helps me to recover corrupted video thumbnails and integrated quite well into windows 7 ultimate x86.
Certain WMV files would not play well, whether it is pre-converted from FLV format or youtube download. However, the same file works well using K-Lite Mega Codec Pack or Windows7Codec Pack.
Despite the above shortcoming I do like this codecs. I am sure the developer will enentually perfected this product.
"Garbage! Installs **** without asking"
Version: Win7codecs 3.1.9
Lots of toolbars
Lots of toolbars
lots of toolbars
"Malicious and bloated"
Version: Win7codecs 2.8.8
The package will leave systems bloated with files, GUI's, installers that really are not required.
Installs another installer to the system along with a large number of disabled codecs. Then, the other installer enables or disables codecs. At the very same time a toolbar installer is also copied to the system.
"If you like simplicity"
Version: Win7codecs 2.7.4
One media player is enough for me as I like as little clutter as possible on my computers. Using this program means everything plays on Windows Media Player.
None really; you need to uninstall before installing a new version. I see users complaining about Bing toolbars and stuff; I don't know what site they're going to, but in this update the worst thing was the offer of an optional weather bug.
"This Codec Pack does work! But with a few Notes"
Version: Win7codecs 2.6.7
This Codec pack will allow you to play just about any Audio or Video file that is on the Web.
And it works without conflicts that some of the other packs bring .
Ok , as when both Codec packs are downloaded and installed you are able to play most anything , but you will have to go in and work with the settings as you will find that you can not play MP3 pro files , read the instructions well and all will be ok
This is a very good Codec Pack, and it does work like it says , but you will have to read the instructions closely or you can have issues when you un install this product. You have to uninstall the 64bit version first if you have both the 64bit and 32bit installed. And if he has not fixed the MP3PRO setup then you will have to work with that.
One thing you can do is go to Shark007 Forums and ask a question. He does answer post and will help you with the Pack.
HIs english is not the best but he does understand and will post where you can understand.
For a media center computer this software is just about a requirement and will work smoothly when you get it tuned out.
And once you do you will not have to touch the setting again.
I suggest that you click the Sharkys settings at the bottom of the setup and this will fix just about 99% of all you will ever need to do with the Codec Pack
"Windows 7 doesn't need it..."
Version: Win7codecs 2.6.5
You don't need it.
Windows 7 already has most codecs installed. If anything, I will stick to the K-Lite Codec Pack.
"Very good codec"
Version: Win7codecs 2.5.3
+1 It's free
+1 Constant update
+1 so much user control is provided within the program
+1 it's allow to play almost all kind video/audio
+1 Many more
Need to get extra component for 64 bits OS machine
It is the best codec for windows seven. It's free, no nag screen, no advertisement.
It is not a video/audio player. It is a codec which allows your current installed player (windows media player, and etc) to play almost any format you can think of. After 6 months of using win7codec , I never find Windows media player unable to play any video/audio format after installing win7codec.
"Product is NOT free"
Version: Win7codecs 2.4.5
nothing. I refuse to pay for this.
The download leads you to a website, installs the program, scans your drivers then wants you to purchase the program in order to get the updated drivers for your system. It's not right and should be noted as such and not as free such as it is now.
"Best Codec Pack That I Have Ever Used"
Version: Win7codecs 2.4.3
This codec pack is the best. It installs every Video Codec that I use for play back in Windows Media Player & Windows Media Center which is really great for us Media Center Builders & user's.
Simply No Cons.
This codec pack is the best. It installs every Video Codec that I use, so then everything play in Windows media player including .mov.mp4,.avi aka(divx/xvid) & flv. I love it because then I do not have to install all of those bloated media player packages on my computers. I love this Codec pack from shark 007.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content