current location or a postal code of your choice. By default WikiMe uses the current location found by your device to search for geotagged Wikipedia articles near you. It's unlike the experience you have when browsing to the Wikipedia website, because of the geotagged articles WikiMe searches for, you get articles related to a location.
You can use a postal code to search for a specific location. This feature is especially interesting when you want to read information about a place
you are going to or where you have been.
You can read articles in these languages:
English, Deutsch, Franais, Espaol, Italiano, Portugus, Polski, Nederlands, Esperanto, Suomi, Svenska, Norsk, Japanese.
Highlights of WikiMe:
- Search articles for your current location
- Search articles for a postal code
- Nearby photos for selected article
- Mapview for nearby photos
- User defined radius and maximum number of search results
- Bookmark interesting articles
- Map view for viewing articles or bookmarks
- Landscape mode for articles, mapview
- Multi language articles
- Send interesting articles to friends by Email
"Thanks for making WikiMe, it's exactly the kind of application I was
hoping to find for the iPhone." - Pete from the US
"I think WikiMe is great. It gives me the world of information in the palm of my hand and it's also useful nearby information" - Martin from GB
What's new in this version:
- Fixed a small bug which prevented from connecting sometimes.