WiFi Scanner is a free 802.11 wireless scanner and connection manager for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or later. This will detect access points and clients in ad-hoc mode if the SSID is being broadcasted. It can be used for wireless site surveys, wireless discovery, and to connect to wifi networks. The tool reports signal strength in dBm and shows access point BSSID/MAC addresses.
What's new in this version: - Improved performance
- Lat/Long lookup via Google now optional to avoid crashes when not connected to Internet or blocked by firewall
More Products to Consider
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
- Turn your iPhone or iPad, iPod touch into a wireless trackpad a...
- Display all the computers which are connected to your system.
- Remote control your PC or Mac over the Web, stay connected no m...
- Fix the connection problems when you want to use the Cisco VPN ...
- Share your desktop with another person via the Web.
- Include server media to your PlayStation 3 over your network.
- Access multiple PCs remotely from one machine.
- Connect to the SoftEther multi-protocol VPN Server.
- Replace your Network Interface Card's Media Access Control (MAC...
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 9 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Good Product but No Longer Free"
Version: WiFi Scanner 1.2.1
Useful occasional use utility
Costs $9.99 at app store
While I understand the desire of the developers to get some money for their work, $9.99 is way to costly for a utility I may want a couple of times a year. If revenue is that important (and looking at their web site, this app looks like it would be a miniscule revenue contributor) then I would prefer to see it ad supported. As an alternative, the publisher could advertise their corporate services and consider free distribution of the app as a marketing expense.
If anyone from the company reads this, Kudos for your work in the humanitarian sphere.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content