CNET Editors' review
If you're stuck at your computer for hours on end, you may as well have something nice to look at. Wallpaper Downloader is an easy way to adorn your desktop with a multitude of changing images. Unlike some wallpaper applications, this one manages to supply a steady stream of high-quality, attractive photos. This isn't the type of program that we typically like to use ourselves, but we found ourselves enjoying Wallpaper Downloader quite a bit.
Wallpaper Downloader works by downloading images from Bing Images and then displaying them on your desktop as wallpaper. The program's interface isn't the most attractive we've ever seen, but it's fairly straightforward. You can choose whether you want the program to download new images automatically, whether you want the program to change the wallpaper automatically, and whether the program should use all images or just the most recently downloaded ones. The interval at which the images change can be adjusted, from 10 seconds to 12 hours, and the program can center, tile, or stretch images to fit the screen. We weren't crazy about the fact that the program requires registration for use--there didn't seem to be any reason for it--and a Help file would have been nice. But on the whole, we can't complain about Wallpaper Downloader; it worked well both to download images from Bing and to change our wallpaper, and it ended up being a nice addition to our desktop.
Wallpaper Downloader is a freeware that allows you to download all Bing wallpaper images to your computer and change your desktop background with these images on a regular basis automatically. In the first-time run, it will download the past Bing wallpaper images. From then on, it will regularly check for new images and download them automatically. Also, Wallpaper Downloader can change your computer desktop background with the downloaded images in slideshow mode.
More Products to Consider
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Display the view of our planet as seen from space.
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Enjoy flight over ocean in cinematic 3D environment.
- View current time and day of week on your screen.
- Customize your bootup screen with your own images.
- Animate your desktop with the beautiful 3d space scenes.
- Change the desktop wallpaper automatically, position pictures t...
- View celebratory dance 3D snowflakes on your desktop.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create and edit your own screensavers or convert SWF files to s...
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Watch as fish schools swim in saltwater and freshwater 3D Aquar...
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"does not work with windows 7 starter."
Version: Wallpaper Downloader 2.6
will not work on windows 7 starter.
cannot afford windows 7 yet. will wallpaper work if i download windows xp ? thanks. thesimmy.
Version: Wallpaper Downloader 2.6
Gives easy access to lots of different sources for great wallpaper.
Starts rarely, crashes ofter, customer-service non-existant.
When I deleted, they had an offer where you could download 1000 prior Bing images if you donated. So I donated. And it kept saying "checking account", and then "No images downloaded." The next day, the several times afterward I sent my problem to the support address. I don't like companies that don't follow through with their promises, and worst of all, refuse to answer 4 emails to their support address. Yes, I have looked in the spam/junk folder - nothing there. I would not recommend them to anyone.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content