Vuze brings the popular Java-based BitTorrent client to a new level of stability, usability, and speed. Very actively developed, this latest version includes a new split-window MyTorrents view with support for categories and advanced downloading / seeding / queuing rules for powerful and automated torrent management, a customizable user interface, seeding from read-only media, and significant reductions in resource usage.
The multiplatform Vuze client greatly extends the original python client's feature set, with: managing multiple downloads at once from a single GUI window, detailed real-time download statistics with export to XML, advanced download and seeding management rules, configuration and torrent creation wizards, embedded tracker for easy and automated hosting of your own files, PeerGuardian IP address filtering, web browser and console UIs, 27 available languages, a powerful plugin interface, and much much more.
What's new in this version:
- Core | Drive Detection for Devices for OSX (for PSP devices)
- Core | Factory option to allow switchable unchoke algorithms
- UI | Less CPU usage for Seeding Rules
- Core | Only create the transcode directories when required
- Core | Allow OSX platform component to be updated properly
- UI | Fixed Speedtest not working
- UI | OSX 10.6 support (opening torrent from file) See all new features »