With Vista Codec Package installed you will be able to use any media player, limited only by the players' capabilities, to play all movies and video clips. Streaming video is supported in several formats in all popular web browsers. Users of VCP have the ability to choose what is installed and where to install it using the public redistributable. After installation you can select to remove specific portions without removing the entire package. You can also re-add the removed items at any time.
What's new in this version: Version 6.5.2 includes updated LAV filters and Gabest filters.
More Products to Consider
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Supply multiple codecs to your Windows 7 system.
- Extract parts of video files into various video formats.
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Extract a part of your video files to various video formats.
- Play MP4, MPEG, DivX/Xvid, VOBs, AVI, MKV, FLV, DVD files.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert AVI,DivX,Xvid,MPEG,VCD,WMV,ASF,ASX,MOV,RM,RMVB,3GP,MP4,...
- Convert your DVDs to small video files for whatching them on yo...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert your DVD with its sound effects and subtitles to MKV fo...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Extract part of video and save it in the same or different form...
- Play MPEG-4 movies with AAC sound with latest version of Apple'...
- View, organize, manage, enhance or fix your digital pictures - ...
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Convert your video and audio to Flash video format.
- Convert your video and audio to MPEG-4 format.
- Play YouTube video files from the Web or your local folders, pl...
- Convert your video and audio to Windows Media format.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
"Im lost how do you download it?"
Version: Vista Codec Package 5.7.7
Click download and your brought to this page:http://shark007.net/vistacodecpackage.html but there is nowhere to download it!! Waste of time this!!
A more direct download from here without having to be redirected elsewhere to a web site that will not show one how to download the file!! Waste of time!
"Didn't find it of much use"
Version: Vista Codec Package 5.6.8
- allows playback of some files on some players
- lot of extra stuff you won't need
All you really need is install the latest stable revision of ffdshow tryout, and:
(1) configure it to work with your favourite media players
(2) configure the libavcodec to handle most if not all video formats.
"Worked for .mov files in Vista Media Center"
Version: Vista Codec Package 5.4.3
Could not get Casio camera .mov files to play in Vista Media Center using K-lite. Uninstalled K-lite and installed this plus the x64 update.
It not only played the .mov files in VMC, but also showed the thumbnails which did not show before.
Have not found any after just an hour of use
You can download the x64 file by clicking on the publisher's name 'Shark007' to show his other products.
Thanks Shark007 !
"just pass this one up"
Version: Vista Codec Package 5.4.2
seemed promising as far as codec for Windows Media Player (uninstalls fine, and didn't seem to invite malware).
1) Windows error report towards the end of the install, 2) had to use the Settings Application (link in Start menu, see screenshot) to set things like single core (default was dual); i.e. not for basic users, and 3) didn't play DVDs in media player.
For DVD playback, nothing like the software that came with your physical player, or just go with VLC Player.
Not my recomendation, but if you don't want VLC (or don't want to *pay* for a DVD decoder from Roxio, Sonic, Cyberlink, or Corel), you would be better off getting "ffdshow" (which will have www.ffmpeg.org (MPEG-2/DVD), www.divx.com, and www.xvid.org (popular .avi)), but it includes a standalone working media player ("classic", which is NOT to be confused with Windows Media Player); but mind you, this is basically what shark007 is providing, just that they include a player that works.
Version: Vista Codec Package 5.4
Havent been able to download
CNET has provided a bad link. The link is to download avs video converter not the vista coded package. To download the right file go here. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5326