CNET Editors' review
If you like to download the occasional YouTube video to watch later on, you have lots of programs to choose from, most of them free. But if you regularly grab and save videos from YouTube and other sites, you'll find that the free tools often leave something to be desired in the functionality department (if not always in the adware department). And if you like to convert videos to play on your smartphone, tablet, or other device, the bar is set even higher, and fewer tools make the cut. VCatcher is a shareware video downloader and converter that offers a lot of convenience as well as performance, plus some extras such as a screen video recorder. We sampled the trial edition, which is limited to 15 downloads and two minutes of conversion time.
VCatcher's user interface has some unique and useful touches, starting with the main file window. It displays your loaded files as Explorer-style icons instead of a file list, though you can switch to a table view, too. Either view can be sorted by length, size, format, and other categories. VCatcher's black-and-white outline icons give the program a slightly different look from the usual fare, though the layout isn't unconventional, with its embedded video player, drop-down menus, and file entry fields. The left sidebar displays icons for all of the program's major functions, including Record, Convert, Rename, Import, Export, and Share. There's also a series of buttons to Cut, Change, Open, and Convert video files from the conversion tool's settings. The Web-based Help file is basic, but VCatcher opened with an instructional video loaded in its player. Titled "How VCatcher Works," this 2-minute tutorial depicts how to get started with the program.
It's hard to imagine an easier way to add files than with VCatcher, which automatically starts downloading any video you play, even multiple videos simultaneously. Once our videos were saved, we could convert them easily by selecting our device type (such as "Apple Phone") and file format. Of course, conversions are limited in the trial version, but we saw no glitches. The neat screen recorder uses a compact control panel.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of VCatcher 3.46.
CBS Interactive does not encourage or condone the illegal duplication or distribution of copyrighted content.
VCatcher allows you to capture any video from any website and convert them to most known formats, for all popular devices. Main features: 1. Automatically download videos from thousands websites. Forget about copy/paste urls. Just watch a video. VCatcher downloads videos without your help. 2. Record video from PC screen. VCatcher give you ability records any video (Hulu, Netflix, webinars, video chats) if it can't download it. No video can escape from you when you really want it. 3. Play video with built-in player. 4. Convert videos for all popular devices (Ipad, Iphone, PSP, HTC). Supports cutting desired duration, different resolutions and quality. VCatcher has user-friendly interface. The program provide you many features but doesn't waste your time on how does it work.
What's new in this version: Version 3.46: New built-in player; Support playing new format (WebM); Support conversion WebM to any other formats; New flash interface; Some fixes to enhance performance and speed; Bugfixing.
More Products to Consider
- Download and convert videos from video streaming sites.
- Download YouTube videos and convert to multiple formats.
- Increase your connection speed and recover broken downloads.
- Convert over 20M YouTube to MP3 music clips and ringtones.
- Download and convert videos, including YouTube to MP3, M4A, FLV...
- Download and manage torrent files.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purpose
- Download free videos from YouTube, Google, Yahoo, Facebook.
- Convert multiple Youtube videos to various formats.
- Download YouTube videos and accelerate downloads.
- Download and convert any YouTube video into your favorite forma...
- Manage your file downloads on your Windows PC.
- Extract music from YouTube movies as MP3 files.
- Download video and music from YouTube.
- Download videos from YouTube and increase download speeds by up...
- Download social music or video for your Windows PC.
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Download YouTube videos and convert them into various formats.
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Accelerate your downloads to the fastest possible speed.
- Play all the most popular video and audio formats.
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content