CNET Editors' review
USB disks let you add unlimited storage to your desktop or laptop (especially laptops!) for movies, songs, images, backups, and other bulky data. USB thumbdrives and portable storage devices let you carry gigabytes of data with you. The USB interface means compatibility with almost every PC. And here's the problem: huge capacity, total portability, universal compatibility, and absolute indispensability work together to render your USB disks and devices especially vulnerable to viruses and other malware. USB Disk Security from Zbshareware Lab is an effective solution for securing your USB disks and data. This easy-to-use shareware is widely compatible with antivirus programs and other security tools. It's free to try, but the fully licensed version comes with lifetime updates and support.
Software tends to look like its type: media players, graphics apps, and e-mail clients usually look like media players, graphics apps, and e-mail clients. USB Disk Security looks like an up-to-date PC security tool, with a colorful and stylish yet professional-looking interface, clearly labeled buttons, and file list views. USB Disk Security incorporates several tools, including USB Shield, with real-time monitoring of USB drives; USB scan, a malware scanner optimized for USB drives; Data Prevention, which consists of the USB Access Control and USB Drive Control tools; and Safe Sites, with a URL Scanner and a Safe Web Navigation feature that sets the program's LinkZB page as your browser's home page. USB Disk Security also bundles some useful System Tools: Disk Cleanup, Repair System, and Autostart List. Unsafe and deleted files are moved to a Quarantine directory. The Settings menu is simple: just a password feature and language menu. But the Help menu is extensive and clearly written as well as illustrated with many screenshots.
We use a lot of USB disks and drives for a lot of different types of data, and we've used many utilities designed to protect them, but never one as powerful and capable as USB Disk Security, or with as many extras. If you like USB Disk Security, the registration cost is a small price to pay to keep your drives and data safe and secure.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of USB Disk Security 6.2.
From Zbshareware Lab:
USB Disk Security provides protection against any malicious programs trying to attack via USB drive. It delivers high level of protection against theft and accidental disclosure of confidential data, and prevents unauthorized persons from stealing your data. USB Disk Security is the best security software to protect offline computer without the need for signature updates. This light and easy to use solution is compatible with other antivirus software and doesn't slow down your computer at all.
What's new in this version: Version 188.8.131.52 changed update system and updating is quicker.
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Protect your PC from USB viruses and remove suspicious autorun....
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your system from USB media autorun viruses.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your PC from any malicious programs and virus trying to...
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Scan corrupted memory cards to backup lost images.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Protect your computer from viruses and hacker attacks.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect your PC from removable media autorun threat.
- Restrict access to the disk and memory cache.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Create a disk image of your system into a file.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Protect your business data against data loss and virus attack.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 77 votes
Current version:1.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"YA, What he said -- NOT FREE"
Version: USB Disk Security 184.108.40.206
NOT FREE NOT FREE
NOT FREE NOT FREE
Sound like typical scareware, did't see anything you can't do with regular anivirus WOT web-of-trust ect...
"ANOTHER MISLEADING REVIEW!"
Version: USB Disk Security 220.127.116.11
Sounds promising, at first.
The software description sounds great until the last sentence: "If you like USB Disk Security, the registration cost is a small price to pay to keep your drives and data safe and secure." Again, if you have to pay, it's not FREE!
I've check the developer's site and nowhere does it state the cost of registering their only product. All is says about this is when you click "Learn More" is under the last heading:
Other antivirus products should be paid for updates every year. The USB Disk Security keys are lifetime. You receive all future program updates free of charge.
Another unprofessional review. Stating something is free when the review was obviously aware there IS a cost involved is, to me, fraudulent.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content