CNET Editors' review
NirSoft develops nifty, compact, free utilities for a broad range of specific uses. Its URLProtocolView is an easy-to-use tool that displays all URL protocols currently installed in your system, such as ftp, telnet, and mailto. It displays each protocol's name as well as a description, the command line that is executed when you click or type the URL, the name of the product in which it originates, and the company that developed or published the software. You can also use it to easily enable or disable each protocol. (Please don't disable mailto, though!)
URLProtocolView downloads as a compressed file but can be used immediately after extraction with no further installation or other software or files required. That, plus its compact size and freeware license, gives it a portability that will win the gratitude of many system administrators. At 38.23K, it's old-school small, and it fits on just about any storage device. Despite its compact size, it has a full-featured Windows-style interface, including File, Edit, View, and Help menus, which are always needed but too often overlooked in free software, as well as colorful icons and other nice touches that bolster the efficient feel. The efficiency extends to the program's operation, as it quickly finds and lists all protocols installed on the host machine.
URLProtocolView is freeware that can be copied and distributed but not modified. New releases add support for x64 systems such as Windows Vista as well as a command line option for sorting.
From NirSoft Freeware:
URLProtocolView is a simple utility that displays all URL protocols (for example: ftp:, telnet:, mailto:) that are currently installed on your system. For each URL protocol, the following information is displayed: The protocol name, the protocol description, the command-line that is executed when you type or click the URL, the product name, and the company name. This utility also allows you to easily enable/disable the URL protocols.
What's new in this version: Version 1.15 added support for x64 systems, and sorting support from command-line.
More Products to Consider
- Download YouTube videos and convert to multiple formats.
- Download and convert videos from video streaming sites.
- Increase your connection speed and recover broken downloads.
- Download and manage torrent files.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Download free videos from YouTube, Google, Yahoo, Facebook.
- Display time, date, and system performance.
- Download YouTube videos and accelerate downloads by up to 5 tim...
- Display both file and folder sizes in the List view.
- Download video and music from YouTube.
- Run and display your X-applications from a remote host.
- Manage your file downloads on your Windows PC.
- View KATC Power Doppler 3000 radar images from South Louisiana.
- Download files faster and safer with your Web and Windows appli...
- Display all images linked to the current Web page.
- Display media rich content in HTML format in your application.
- Search the Internet for torrent files, and download and upload ...
This download is served from an external sitecloseSponsored Products
- Show your PC's volume level on your desktop.
- Download videos from YouTube and increase download speeds by up...
- Monitor and display your memory and CPU usage in percentage.
- Show the true URL that you are being redirected to.
- Download various videos from YouTube.
- View images of one of the best cultural achievements of the pas...
- Use DDC or CI protocol to control your display devices in Windo...
- Upload and download files to your FTP resource.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
""Works well" Gives a complete line of info."
Version: URLProtocolView 1.15
Brings up a screen pretty quick. Lists URL, pathways, manufacture, descriptions, etc.
Not very user friendly.... As someone who Knows a little about computers, it was a bit intimidating. but then again... I'm not used to using URLS anyway so, what do I know.
I'm sure you'll get everything you need with URL PORTOCOL VIEW 1.15. It's small and becomes a time saver when needing addresses.