Tumult HyperEdit is a lightweight HTML editor with a preview pane that displays the web page live as you type. HyperEdit breaks the tedious cycle of writing html, saving the file, then reloading and viewing the page in the browser by combining the writing phase with the viewing phase. This clarifies the effects of your changes and speeds up the overall process of making a web page. W3C-based validation will red-underline any mistakes. It uses the same rendering engine found in Safari, so it is not only standards compliant, but also very fast.
- Live HTML W3C-based validation with red underlines and an error drawer
- Code Snippets palette allows commonly used code and tags (open and close) to be saved and recalled using custom key stroke combinations
- Files attached to the table in the Linked Filed drawer will cause a refresh of the web view when they are saved.
- View HTML source code generated by the PHP engine
- Color swatches palette allows inserting colors and saving favorites
- Regular expression find and replace (thanks to OgreKit)
- Option to not cache data, so externally changed files are reloaded every time.
- Style sheet menu allows pages to use different styles
HyperEdit can be used for:
- Testing HTML to make sure it looks exactly as you want it.
- Testing and executing PHP code.
- Writing forum, blog, or journal entries.
- Interactively trying out CSS code.
- Creating whole websites.
What's new in this version:
- Improved Leopard compatibility
- Fixed many memory leaks
- Preview menu has browser icons
- Added preference to display invisible characters
- Added Text menu item to convert text to upper and lower case
- New toolbar icons (thanks Marc Edwards of iSlayer!)
- Added automatic checking for updates (via Sparkle, thanks Andy Matuschak!)
- Added ability to r... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Write your programs with a graphical programming language and d...
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Manage business database applications.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Affinic Debugger Graphical User Interface (GDB) for Mac OS X.
- Script language for apps supporting OSA languages.
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Advanced HTML editor/optimizer with assistants, error checking.
- Archive your Web site and spell-check HTML pages.
- Save & organize any text you may want handy.
- Create forms for your Web site.
- Realbasic plugin for image rotation & pixel manipulation.
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.
- Bundle; improves other applications' services.
- Test how long your web pages take to download for different con...